LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Tubeless rim to brake caliper gap

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Tubeless rim to brake caliper gap

Postby drivera » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:43 am

Just fitted SIP tubeless rims to a scootRS outboard disc brake set up and the gap between the top of the Nissin caliper and the rim is around 1mm , is that acceptable or a tad too small ?
drivera

Re: Tubeless rim to brake caliper gap

Postby missing lynx » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Have you checked the gap on full rotation ie is it 1 mm all the way round or does it change? You can space the disk and calliper with a wash under each fixing point but as long as the gap is constant it shouldn't be a problem
missing lynx

Postby Dazts1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:30 am

I’ve filed away the rear of the Caliper before. There’s plenty of aluminium , I opened it up with a round file to around 5mm to the profile of the rim. The reason I did this was the rims I where trying at the time weren’t perfectly round. It was around 10 year ago. I’ve sold that scooter a while back and the front brake is still fine. Just another option.
Dazts1

Postby drivera » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:48 pm

Ta for replies , the rim wavers a tad on full rotation but I reckon 1mm is the minimum gap so I might file away a bit to increase it slightly
drivera

Return to Tuning & Kits