LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Tassinari V-Force Reed valve

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Tassinari V-Force Reed valve

Postby Knowledge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:44 am

Here is a Tassinari reed valve that I bought direct from China. Fake or (save a) fortune?
Knowledge

Re: Tassinari V-Force Reed valve

Postby gp200ts1 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:26 pm

I bought a pair for £15. Almost identical to the genuine one I have on the shelf.
gp200ts1

Postby Knowledge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:56 pm

Have you fitted one already? Is it OK?

I appreciate the that even the pukka V Force reeds are not perfect, but it would be good to find an affordable source of these reeds as they do seem increase mid-range.

I am so intrigued by this reed that I have just bought another two, mainly so I can cut one up to see if I can make it fit into a different flange (and avoid fitting eccentric cones).

My reed has some stick-on “V Force” badges, which have been removed on the photos of the ones I have just ordered from China (you can see evidence of the adhesive).
Knowledge

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:14 pm

They need a bit of fettling for Ts1 application and I’d like stage 2 reeds if any out there although I’d probably make my own ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby Norrie Bodge » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:51 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:They need a bit of fettling for Ts1 application and I’d like stage 2 reeds if any out there although I’d probably make my own ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174612963517

Fit with the petal guards tho IMO as boost port snaps that part of the small petals
Norrie Bodge

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 pm

Norrie Bodge wrote:
ULC Soulagent wrote:They need a bit of fettling for Ts1 application and I’d like stage 2 reeds if any out there although I’d probably make my own ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174612963517

Fit with the petal guards tho IMO as boost port snaps that part of the small petals

Like ur thinking on the 2stage reeds but the Vforce reeds are longer n thinner ;) as I had them laying around so out came the digital measuring tool too no avail :(
ULC Soulagent

Postby lou » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:17 am

These fit TS1....Are they upgrade from standard block and reeds ?
lou

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:06 am

Bought a 'genuine' (the price!!) item, over 8 years ago, in waiting for the TS1 230 rebuild. Any more words re, possible fettling required, replacement reeds etc would be well appreciated... Fanx!
Andy B.L.C.

Postby hullygully » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:37 am

I bought some wayyyyyyyyy baaaaackkkkkkk, the fettling to secure them with a manifold didn't phase me it was the thought of carving away the inlt area to make it fit, I don't think its as deep as a Yam one
hullygully

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:23 pm

lou wrote:These fit TS1....Are they upgrade from standard block and reeds ?

Yes they fit with a fettle although you need an mb latest manifold.
I’d just fit boyesen reeds if ya don’t want the hassle of tinkering ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:27 pm

hullygully wrote:I bought some wayyyyyyyyy baaaaackkkkkkk, the fettling to secure them with a manifold didn't phase me it was the thought of carving away the inlt area to make it fit, I don't think its as deep as a Yam one

The V force fit fine inside( well they do on mine) only downside is that they sit higher outta the intake zone really needing offset cones :?
ULC Soulagent

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:50 pm

Andy B.L.C. wrote:Bought a 'genuine' (the price!!) item, over 8 years ago, in waiting for the TS1 230 rebuild. Any more words re, possible fettling required, replacement reeds etc would be well appreciated... Fanx!

Andy,
I found a British company that does replacement reeds( SHOWE) in fact they do a wide replacement of reeds for likes of Ts1, Imola, mb’s derbi six petal type
ULC Soulagent

Postby Fast n Furious » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:50 pm

They won't fit until they have been fettled.
The bolt holes are in the wrong position for a TS1 and so the valve needs to be trimmed with a half round file so the manifold securing bolts can pass by.
I have a fondness for using the 6 petal TDR125 reed valve which needs fettling the same way. Works really well with Boysen progressive reeds. It does improve that deadband you naturally get around the 4500 -5000rpm band and genarally makes for a more tractible ride.

As ULC Soulagent pointed out....... On a road scoot, Its definately not recommended to use these valves without the relief guards fitted.
Fast n Furious

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:19 am

Fast n Furious wrote:They won't fit until they have been fettled.
The bolt holes are in the wrong position for a TS1 and so the valve needs to be trimmed with a half round file so the manifold securing bolts can pass by.
I have a fondness for using the 6 petal TDR125 reed valve which needs fettling the same way. Works really well with Boysen progressive reeds. It does improve that deadband you naturally get around the 4500 -5000rpm band and genarally makes for a more tractible ride.

As ULC Soulagent pointed out....... On a road scoot, Its definately not recommended to use these valves without the relief guards fitted.

That was Norrie who pointed that out ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby Fast n Furious » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:11 am

My bad.
Fast n Furious

Postby Norrie Bodge » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:55 am

This is the case also on the RB kits reed-blocks
A mate broke down doin the C2C... due to a reed petal breaking at the boost port area..
I spoke to Dave at AF when ordering replacements & he says that they only have 1 type available !!
Has anyone found another type of reed-block, with the petal guards fitted that’s compatible for RB kits ?
Norrie Bodge

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:55 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:
Andy B.L.C. wrote:Bought a 'genuine' (the price!!) item, over 8 years ago, in waiting for the TS1 230 rebuild. Any more words re, possible fettling required, replacement reeds etc would be well appreciated... Fanx!

Andy,
I found a British company that does replacement reeds( SHOWE) in fact they do a wide replacement of reeds for likes of Ts1, Imola, mb’s derbi six petal type

Ta Shane! 2 birds with 1 stone! Just scored a Bristol LC clubmate an Imola 186 cutdown & was going to post a question about Imola reeds... 1 more focusing question, so my late 90's (?) broadhurst reed block will accept a v-force reed assembly & if fettling is required specifically what...? Ta y'all!
Andy B.L.C.

Postby ULC Soulagent » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:56 am

Andy B.L.C. wrote:
ULC Soulagent wrote:

Andy,

Ta Shane! 2 birds with 1 stone! Just scored a Bristol LC clubmate an Imola 186 cutdown & was going to post a question about Imola reeds... 1 more focusing question, so my late 90's (?) broadhurst reed block will accept a v-force reed assembly & if fettling is required specifically what...? Ta y'all!

Andy, without having a 90’s Mb manifold in front of me I couldn’t say for sure if it would need fettling or not, Sorry dear chap
ULC Soulagent

Postby Norrie Bodge » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:19 pm

The imola kits have a few variations
Another mate with this kit thinks his petals av gone ?
Be interesting if we can find a type with petal guards, that’s compatible over the coming weeks
when I get chance to check it over that is?
V busy at work ATM
Norrie Bodge

Postby ULC Soulagent » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:36 pm

Norrie Bodge wrote:The imola kits have a few variations
Another mate with this kit thinks his petals av gone ?
Be interesting if we can find a type with petal guards, that’s compatible over the coming weeks
when I get chance to check it over that is?
V busy at work ATM

They do exist but can’t remember if they came on the original reed block or I bought them somewhere
Also tried them up against the Derbi senda reed block stops, very close
Also the Malossi wispa 360 reed block petal stops are very close
ULC Soulagent

Next

Return to Tuning & Kits