LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Casa PowerFlow Air Filter

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Casa PowerFlow Air Filter

Postby foremanbob » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Cant find anyone in the UK stocking this yet.... 23 Euro postage from Rimini on a £50 part doesnt seem good value...

foremanbob

Re: Casa PowerFlow Air Filter

Postby Nudger » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:45 am

Try JB Tuning in Southend - they are Casa dealers
Nudger

Postby GeorgeS » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:42 am

Been looking also and balked at the Italian postage costs (why is Italian postage always so expensive?).

I don't think JB carry them yet, hoping they will soon as these look good.
GeorgeS

Postby Toddy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Anyone using one yet ?
Toddy

Postby Timexit17 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm

Paul I've got mine (and had the old one too) direct from RLC and I'll be having it fitted and the carb set to suit at the genius that is Paul Bakers on 1st May.
I'm running a breathe sweet at present but it's definitely running on the rich side after Jimmers found a small air leak when fixing the oil seal I blew at Shipston.
I'll report back if no one else has done by then amico.
My setup is mugello 225 cyclone, PHBH 26 and BGM clubman FWIW.
Timexit17

Postby Toddy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Cheers Tim
Toddy

Postby HxPaul » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:05 pm

The trouble with a UK stockist is,they charge a lot more than Rimini and by the time you've paid postage you've saved very little if anything.
HxPaul

Postby davla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:03 pm

It makes you wonder how Scooter-Centre only charge 5 Euro?! Their postage is cheaper than some UK dealers
davla

Postby nsaints » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 am

Can anyone confirm if the larger hose fits a PHBH with the short plastic trumpet

The hose is quoted at 55mm internal diameter size, the external size of the trumpet is 60mm

I'm thinking with the hose in rubber it can stretch the extra 5mm?

anyone know for sure before I buy - cheers
nsaints

Postby Timexit17 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:10 am

nsaints -good question.
When I ordered mine originally it came with a slightly different rubber than they have now and I haven't fitted it to my PHBH (with plastic adaptor 'trumpet') (PHBH26).
I did sand the edges of the trumpet adaptor down a little to fit my existing BS filter however, but it's only a very small change from 'out of the packet'.
With this in mind I've ordered both of the rubbers now available from RLC and hopefully will then have a choice of all 3 rubbers (the original and probably now unavailable and the 2 new offerings) when I take it to Pauls for dyno.

I will report back!
Timexit17

Postby nsaints » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I should have added. Mines a 30mm PHBH

I’ve a breath sweet on right now. But with and MB manifold the carb is hanging out further than the previous manifold

The panel fits, but pretty much rammed on squashing the filter and maybe hose to fit it.
nsaints

Postby Timexit17 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 am

I think my example should be comparable, mine has the Jimmers manifold on it and it only fits as it tucks in where the airbox would have been on the filter but often leaves a 'dent' in the bend of the rubber when the panels are on, which can't be a good thing.

Hopefully I'll have the new rubbers in time for May 1st and the dyno.
One looks like it's more suited for the stock dell'orto carb (22-26 PHBL is stated) and the other states 28-35 mm carbs.

I think the latter is likely to be the right one for us both -but I'll report back!
Timexit17

Postby Timexit17 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:27 pm

OK, new rubber elbows turned up today (Grazie Dino).
I ordered both sizes and have compared them with the originally supplied rubber elbow (the standard breathe sweet one).
The new ones are 2-3 times as thick rubber and angled also -after offering them up to my carb I realised the larger size won't fit my existing set up (26PHBH with plastic adaptor) as the hole isn't as large or as flexible -it would fit but only if the plastic collar on the PHBH was shaved down in size perhaps 3mm.
The old one usually ended up with a dent in the elbow from the panel, I can't see the new one doing that.

The smaller diameter hole elbow fits perfectly if the plastic PHBH collar is removed however.

The only issue I have is the breathe sweet fits vertically and so tucks in the gap above the carb between the toolbox and standard fuel tank, the casa performance filter won't as it's far wider, so it'll have to sit horizontally, not an issue since it's all under the panels.

The black filter is the original filter supplied -the differences between the old & new are basically in the rubber elbow and the base of the filter itself being solid rather than sponge.

Dyno on Monday and a 60km blast home so we'll see how well it does then and I'll report back further.

http://tinypic.com/3ia56vc9
Timexit17

Postby corrado » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:47 pm

There is a different size screw on bellmouth available for PHBH carbs, it's 52mm. Standard one is 59 / 60mm depending on the source.

http://www.scooter-center.com/en/produc ... tmatch=ALL
corrado

Postby Timexit17 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Cheers Corrado that might give me some more options, although to be fair I can use the smaller one currently.
Timexit17

Postby GeorgeS » Thu May 03, 2018 5:19 pm

I've fitted one and it's a nice snug fit on a 30mm Dellorto, stretching over the black plastic collar by hand.

Intake noise has increased (deeper, louder), I'll go for a ride this evening & see how it is.
GeorgeS

Postby Timexit17 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:38 pm

I'm still waiting to fit mine as Pauls had some issues which have delayed my dyno sesh.
Timexit17

Postby GeorgeS » Fri May 04, 2018 1:30 pm

Went for a ride yesterday evening after fitting and it seems to run well without any jet changes so far.

It has affected starting up, i need less choke, and definately much loader intake noise.

The fitment is very good, I've added a cable tie just to make sure the two parts won't separate.
GeorgeS

Postby Timexit17 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:55 pm

ah GeorgeS beat me to it!

After buying a smaller dell'orto collar I found that whilst the larger collar was too big for the bigger holed rubber elbow, the small one was too small, so as I had the PHBH26 I used the small hole rubber elbow which fits snugly onto the threaded carb outlet with a push.
It was however only about 7.5mm of 'lip' to attach to so I used a jubilee clip top to make sure it didn't shake loose and stopped 10 miles into the journey to check all as fine -which it was and my original casa performance filter came with a jubilee clip so I used that to ensure elbow & foam part were secure.

It stayed on despite Somerset's crap road surfaces (and Wiltshire worse ones) all the way home and still looks secure enough when the GP was put away.

It faces backwards as per GeorgeS's picture, the only different with mine is that it doesn't have the casa performance logo on it (and is therefore clearly a very rare prototype and is now up for a straight swap for any British registered GP200 electronic :lol: )

Anyway -carb settings for this JIC it helps, the only things that were changed were the needle for my previous breath sweet which was running a tad rich throughout)

Mugello 225 on Mugello inlet manifold
PHBH26 BS
x7 needle 2nd clip (standard supplied needle on these carbs)
105 main
AV262 mixer
40 slide (standard supplied slide on the carbs)
50 choke jet & 45 idle jet
MBD clubman Mark II.
Timexit17

Postby MickYork » Tue May 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Crikey !! that 105 main jet looks incredibly lean :shock:
MickYork

Next

Return to Tuning & Kits