LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Casa PowerFlow Air Filter

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Casa PowerFlow Air Filter

Postby Feersum Injun » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:04 pm

bike grim wrote:Have you used a reed packer Nick?

No... I was a bit unsure about clearance under the frame, but there’s plenty of space. Just getting a few miles into it at the moment. I guess those few mm’s will help lift it. I’ll probably do this at my 500 mile check...
Feersum Injun

Postby ROClarke » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:33 pm

GeorgeS wrote:Image

Went for a ride yesterday evening after fitting and it seems to run well without any jet changes so far.

It has affected starting up, i need less choke, and definately much loader intake noise.

The fitment is very good, I've added a cable tie just to make sure the two parts won't separate.

What manifold are you running it looks like it does not come out to far going by the running boards ?
ROClarke

Postby ROClarke » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Feersum Injun wrote:Another photo of the left-hand manifold....

ImageIMG_9776 by Nick Wilde, on Flickr

It does come out quite low in relation to the running boards but shouldn't matter if you're looking to use an under panel filter...

ImageIMG_9782 by Nick Wilde, on Flickr

Still not sure if I could get the panel on using your L/H manifold, it seems to come out quit a way going by your pic,
ROClarke

Postby GeorgeS » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:09 pm

ROClarke wrote:
GeorgeS wrote:Image

Went for a ride yesterday evening after fitting and it seems to run well without any jet changes so far.

It has affected starting up, i need less choke, and definately much loader intake noise.

The fitment is very good, I've added a cable tie just to make sure the two parts won't separate.

What manifold are you running it looks like it does not come out to far going by the running boards ?

It's a GT240, they are quite short.
GeorgeS

Postby Dazts1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:25 pm

You can bend the panel a bit. Take your runner board off then put your panel back on. You could do with a mate to hold or put a bit of weight on your scoot and also steady the panel at each end. I generally find leaning over the top putting a hand at each end of the panel works. Put your hands under your panel and pull out where your carb is. I’ve gained 10 to 15mm extra doing this before. As long as your careful you won’t bust any paint either. Also don’t try on your own as your likely to pull the scoot over or your panel off and land flat on your back :shock:
Isn’t there a song “ it takes two baby ! Me and you “
Dazts1

Postby ROClarke » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Excellent tip, only for the brave though I suspect, ;) but I might give it a go !
ROClarke

Postby Dazts1 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 pm

It works. I’ve done it a couple of times ! Although I’d make sure your panel isn’t full of filler 1st. If you’ve had it painted then you should have some idea.
If it’s a scoot you’ve bought done then sometimes the weight is a bit of a give away. Unless it’s flake then it would weigh a bit anyway due to the laquer !
Also it won’t work on fiberglass panels.
Dazts1

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits