LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

JET200 LIFETIME TANK or SUGGESTIONS

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

JET200 LIFETIME TANK or SUGGESTIONS

Postby Covboy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Hi all

following my recent excitement on the way to the C2C, I'm thinking about investing in a Jet200 Lifetime tank -
Does any member have any pictures of one fitted - I'm interested in the proximity of the petrol tap to the engine mount - I want a tank with lots of clearance, ideally with the tap located a bit further back, or higher , away from the mount.

The reason for this is because my last ( 2 month old tank :cry: ) was a 12L solid mount one, using the seat catch mount and air scoop bolts , but the petrol tap was almost hard up against the engine mounting.

Thinking about it, I must have knocked the tap when I took out and then replaced the engine. Due to the solid mounts, there is no give and I think this must have fractured the thread joint, only for it to give way completely

Thanks
Covboy

Re: JET200 LIFETIME TANK or SUGGESTIONS

Postby corrado » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 pm

The biggest problem that you'll have is that they are no longer made or weren't when I emailed Jet200 in USA a couple of months ago. They said that their US manufacturer had virtually doubled the price, so at that time they were looking for alternative manufacturer, possibly none US.
corrado

Postby soullad » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:40 am

Yep, emailed them just the other day, and just as Martin says they are no longer available. Shame.
soullad

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 am

Very fiddly with the fuel cap getting on/off. Didn't like mine so off it came and went for Oiltek tank. Have bought 3 more since :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby Simon_T » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Ive had mine a few years now not keen on it fiddly as mentioned with the cap plus they seem to sweat fuel maybe because the breather hole is not big enough I don't know.
I wouldn't buy another if they were available hope that helps if you come across one.
Simon_T

Postby Covboy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks fellas
Looks like oiltek then !!!
Covboy

Return to Tuning & Kits