LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

AL Light Flywheeld

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

AL Light Flywheeld

Postby mickyb » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:49 am

I seem to recall on the old forums, people having problems with the AF Light Flywheels, rough running, timing moving etc. Were any of these issues resolved?
mickyb

Re: AL Light Flywheeld

Postby coaster » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:06 pm

The current mid weight ones (around 2kg) are fine, I understand the issues were with earlier versions of the light ones
coaster

Postby Storkfoot » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Not just the old ones in my experience.
Storkfoot

Postby Captain Pugwash » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:43 pm

My original AF Ducati flywheels (not a machined SIL) have always worked fine, but the later remade in India AF flywheels (again not the SIL flywheels) have sometimes given issue, but NOT a problem with the Originals other than the flywheel can hit the pickup if the original thinner AF Stator isn't fitted, or if a thick mag-housing gasket is fitted, because this has the effect of pushing the stator and pickup out towards the flywheel.

Even with the original thinner AF Ducati stator (which was originally sold with the AF flywheel) fitted the flywheel can sometimes scuff the top of the pick up as they do run with a minimum of clearance. This is made worse by the choice of GP crank used, as it can effect the pickups clearance as some crankshafts are slightly out of tolerance compared to others.

But the early original Ducati AF flywheels do not "themselves" cause any running problems once fitted correctly IMO.
Captain Pugwash

Postby Wack » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:25 pm

The last one I had trouble with after doing all the mods and it still misfired,was to swap the CDI for a used spare and it cured it :?
Wack

Postby rexton270s » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:08 am

i had one on a imola kit,just couldnt get it to run right not a clue why so i changed it for a mid weight sil fly wheel,hey presto problem sorted! the only thing that could have been wrong was ether the contacts were in the wrong postion on the wheel or the cheap indian stator plate!
rexton270s

Return to Tuning & Kits