LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Avanti head and sterling pipe

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Avanti head and sterling pipe

Postby dickie » Mon May 14, 2018 4:12 pm

My ts1 has an avanti head. I'm trying to get hold of a cheap pipe just to get it running and registered. One option is a sterling at £110. Does anyone know if they clear the head cowl by much? My bgm won't go anywhere near.
dickie

Re: Avanti head and sterling pipe

Postby coaster » Mon May 14, 2018 4:38 pm

I can't help you with the Stirling but a JL3 and a Supertourer both fitted without problems on mine and that was with a 3mm packer under the barrel.
coaster

Postby dickie » Mon May 14, 2018 4:42 pm

coaster wrote:I can't help you with the Stirling but a JL3 and a Supertourer both fitted without problems on mine and that was with a 3mm packer under the barrel.

Thanks coastef. Yes, I'd have any of those if I could get a cheap second hand one. I've got the stub so if anyone can help me....
dickie

Postby dscscotty » Mon May 14, 2018 11:39 pm

if its the barrel I done you the tune wont really suit that pipe?
dscscotty

Postby dickie » Tue May 15, 2018 5:41 am

dscscotty wrote:if its the barrel I done you the tune wont really suit that pipe?

It is thanks scotty. And I don't really expect it to go too well on a sterling. I just want to get it running on something cheap while I wait for the Ron Moss ex-box. I was going to use a bgm or tino ancillotti I have but neither of them will clear the avanti head and cowling. An old jl3 would obviously be better but I've not managed to find one as yet.
dickie

Postby coaster » Tue May 15, 2018 12:59 pm

dickie wrote:
dscscotty wrote:if its the barrel I done you the tune wont really suit that pipe?

It is thanks scotty. And I don't really expect it to go too well on a sterling. I just want to get it running on something cheap while I wait for the Ron Moss ex-box. I was going to use a bgm or tino ancillotti I have but neither of them will clear the avanti head and cowling. An old jl3 would obviously be better but I've not managed to find one as yet.

I have one you are welcome to borrow but I'm not very local to you (Norfolk) unless you know anyone coming to our 8 Balls Rally this weekend?
coaster

Postby dickie » Tue May 15, 2018 3:41 pm

coaster wrote:
I have one you are welcome to borrow but I'm not very local to you (Norfolk) unless you know anyone coming to our 8 Balls Rally this weekend?

What a gent; that's extremely kind of you. Unfortunately the only person I know who's likely to be going lives in Norwich so that's not much help!

Thanks anyway.
dickie

Return to Tuning & Kits