LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Brakes

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Brakes

Postby Scooterlam » Tue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Is there such a thing made as anti dive for on-board discs
Scooterlam

Re: Brakes

Postby rossclark » Tue May 29, 2018 1:35 pm

Never seen one.

In normal circumstances the braking causes the load to be transferred either to the link pin (drum hubs/links) or to the stud on the hub (disk hub / links) as this is in front of the axle the force tends to cause the dive. The anti-dive setup transfers the force to the fork leg via the link arm and is not connected to the links at all, under braking the fork link is free to move with the suspension.

In order to achieve the same effect you'd have to find a way to make the backplate free to rotate around the axel (drum backplate in disk links, maybe?) and then find a way to connect it firmly to the fork leg.
rossclark

Postby Scooterlam » Tue May 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Got ya.

So if I was to rotate the back plate 180 degrees.
It's hydrolic so no linkage issues.
Then use the bolt that is normally attached to the link as the fixing for the anti divelink.
Scooterlam

Postby rossclark » Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Interesting concept.

You'd have to find a way to ensure that the link from the stud was free to move around it when it needed to and to mimic the geometry involved in the normal set up - I believe it's important for the correct action that the forks, fork links and pivot points form a parallelogram.

I'm sure someone with more engineering experience will be along to tell us why that won't work shortly ;)
rossclark

Return to Tuning & Kits