LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

AF Road Clutch fettling?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

AF Road Clutch fettling?

Postby AlG » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:13 am

Any recommendations how to fettle a new AF Road clutch before it is fitted?
I have read I recall that rough castings can be filed and polished a bit to help it operate more smoothly. I presume this refers to the towers on the crownwheel so that the tabs on the plates slide up and down better. Are there any other hints and tips to improve it?

AlG
AlG

Re: AF Road Clutch fettling?

Postby Paul_from_Thornbury » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:58 am

mine went in untouched...4K miles later...no problems
Paul_from_Thornbury

Postby Feersum Injun » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Mine was a mess. Most of the plates had heavy burrs across 2 or 3 tangs at the same position. I deburred everthing but still had a problem with the clutch 'cocking' to one side when compressing. On closer inspection I found that one of the spring locators was too tight for the spring to move freely. Spent another 30 minutes rubbling this down as well to ensure the springs were moving. Once this ws done it was fine... not the quality I was expecting to be honest but now it's running the clutch is great...

ImageIMG_9622 by Nick Wilde, on Flickr
Feersum Injun

Postby bazza3004 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 pm

I have two of the clutches in motors and I just made sure the cassette dropped in and out of the crown wheel freely. Didn't need to touch either with a file but obviously some do need de burring
bazza3004

Return to Tuning & Kits