LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

GORI exhaust - gear ratios

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

GORI exhaust - gear ratios

Postby drivera » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 am

Anyone know what gear ratios to use with a Gori Sport ( Now GP ) exhaust , is it " clubman exhaust " ratio or " Expansion exhaust " ratio ?
drivera

Re: GORI exhaust - gear ratios

Postby dickie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:24 am

If you have the gp version, I'd gear it like a JL3. in the SLUK article from a year or so ago, it made power in much the same way. 4.7 to 4.9 would be my first stab.

Also depends to some extent what porting and kit you have.
dickie

Postby drivera » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:03 am

Cheers Dickie , its going on a 225 Rapido which currently has a 48mm Fresco and is geared to 4.8 , so straight swap :D
drivera

Postby Sach » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:22 pm

I found it gave my motor a good spread of torque. I’ve seen comments about it being a revvy pipe but depends on spec of motor. When I fitted mine,it pulled lovely even two up with 4.7 and have since gone to 4.6 but two up it isn’t that great but still rideable.
Sach

Postby Leotech » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 am

drivera wrote:Anyone know what gear ratios to use with a Gori Sport ( Now GP ) exhaust , is it " clubman exhaust " ratio or " Expansion exhaust " ratio ?

Having done a few 100 miles with my GP50 pipe on an Imola 195 with a TV175 box and a 16t front sprocket (4.5 final drive) I'd say its too high at that. Its very useable but it never really gets on the pipe in top gear.

I'm going back to standard 15 front and think it will be fine at that. I don't want it to be full on high revving race type power that the 5.2 final drive will give that they recommend at Cam Lam. It has enough torque to pull a slightly higher gear and not rev quite so hard.

That said about the pipe it also depends on the kit and the RPM parameters the ports are designed to work best at.
Leotech

Return to Tuning & Kits