LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

MB Inlet

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

MB Inlet

Postby jonno » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:10 pm

Just fitted an MB short inlet for the TS1 and it makes the carb 30 delly foul the engine mount. Anyyone had the same trouble,and have a workaround,or is there a better alternative?
jonno

Re: MB Inlet

Postby Knowledge » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:26 pm

I have no experience of the MB inlet, but there are various types of Dell’orto 30mm carbs. Not just PHBH and VHSH carbs, but variants within those carburettors with air screw on different sides.

Is this the sort of thing that is fouling on the engine mount?
Knowledge

Postby jonno » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:01 am

Yes the mixture screw is right up against the mount.First time I put the carb on there was a small gap but not now,and I hadnt altered anything.
jonno

Postby bike grim » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:35 pm

With a PHBH?

I use one and it’s close but I just twist the carb a little and it doesn’t touch. Have to take carb off to adjust air screw though.
bike grim

Postby Toddy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:26 pm

bike grim wrote:With a PHBH?

I use one and it’s close but I just twist the carb a little and it doesn’t touch. Have to take carb off to adjust air screw though.

Same for with phbh on TS and GT Inlet as well
Toddy

Postby Scooterdude » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:25 am

You can get the PHBH with mixture and slide screws on the opposite side. BS= conventional side. BD= ts1/RB side.
Scooterdude

Postby jonno » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:49 pm

No jetting changes needed after fitment I presume ?
jonno

Postby gaz_powell » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:54 pm

I took the tickover screw out and blanked the hole off. Set the tickover via the cable adjuster on top of carb.
As said by Bikegrim you can't adjust the air screw
gaz_powell

Postby Watfordwhite » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:22 am

Scooterdude wrote:You can get the PHBH with mixture and slide screws on the opposite side. BS= conventional side. BD= ts1/RB side.

I believe so, if you go on the Dellorto spares site it does show a PHBH with adjustment on either side. They also do a very nice RED PHBH option. Mmmmm. Could be a new toy coming my way.
Watfordwhite

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:26 am

Watfordwhite wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:You can get the PHBH with mixture and slide screws on the opposite side. BS= conventional side. BD= ts1/RB side.

I believe so, if you go on the Dellorto spares site it does show a PHBH with adjustment on either side. They also do a very nice RED PHBH option. Mmmmm. Could be a new toy coming my way.

If loyalty to Dell'Orto is your thing, they actually do a two stroke specific carburettor in red, the VHST.

That said, there may be other two stroke specific carburettors from other manufacturers in different colours.

The major clue that a modernish carburettor has been designed from the outset to cope with the differing Venturi characteristics of the two stroke will be the slide, which will not be round, but more like a guillotine.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Return to Tuning & Kits