LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Engine options

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Engine options

Postby gizmo » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:23 pm

After doing a nippy engine for shooting to work and short blasts here and there but with so many options now it's a minefield. Any recommendations, has to be ts/rb carb side due to tank. Thanks
gizmo

Re: Engine options

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:50 pm

And what per say was ur last nippy engine?
Imola might float your boat
ULC Soulagent

Postby gizmo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:31 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:And what per say was ur last nippy engine?
Imola might float your boat

Had the Imola several years back and had quite a few set up problems but to be fair that was probably me. Ben at Rayspeed seemed to have sorted it but i got rid not long after like you do.
gizmo

Postby Scooterlam » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:01 pm

I fancy the Casa ss225 with a protti copy pipe.
claimed 30bhp.
Scooterlam

Postby Watfordwhite » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:16 pm

I've got a 238 Rapido with CTS3 and a 30mm Delortto. Goes like stink. Fly wheel side carb.

Was it big or little block your looking at?
Watfordwhite

Postby Scooterlam » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Watfordwhite wrote:I've got a 238 Rapido with CTS3 and a 30mm Delortto. Goes like stink. Fly wheel side carb.

Was it big or little block your looking at?

carb wrong side for o.p
Scooterlam

Postby corrado » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:01 pm

You can't really buy a bad kit these days (apart from Indian alloy tat off Ebay), but you can buy one that doesn't suit your riding characteristics.
For small block you'll be hard pushed to find fault with an RB20 which has been proven on track for the last couple of years, great performance without any extra work being allowed. For large block then the TS1 ticks all the boxes. There's always the latest must have kits, like the Quattrini for small block but although it looks, on paper, like it'll out muscle the RB20 it doesn't have the pedigree and back up that the RB20 has.

I think it'd be interesting to add the TS1 kit to the production class and how it'd perform against the RB, again without any extra tuning, ie, out of the box. My money would be on the RB.
corrado

Postby gizmo » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 pm

corrado wrote:You can't really buy a bad kit these days (apart from Indian alloy tat off Ebay), but you can buy one that doesn't suit your riding characteristics.
For small block you'll be hard pushed to find fault with an RB20 which has been proven on track for the last couple of years, great performance without any extra work being allowed. For large block then the TS1 ticks all the boxes. There's always the latest must have kits, like the Quattrini for small block but although it looks, on paper, like it'll out muscle the RB20 it doesn't have the pedigree and back up that the RB20 has.

I think it'd be interesting to add the TS1 kit to the production class and how it'd perform against the RB, again without any extra tuning, ie, out of the box. My money would be on the RB.

Think the RB ticks most boxes and I agree, I've enjoyed watching the production class this year and it would be good seeing the TS1 against it
gizmo

Return to Tuning & Kits