LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

RT/TS1 head profile

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

RT/TS1 head profile

Postby Scooterdude » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:24 pm

Will probably be looking at getting a new piston in my RT reed over the winter but looking on the MB site they are asking £129 for a cast piston and £155 for a forged one, ive looked on the AF site and see they are offering a similar 39mm crown height Wossner forged piston for £117, seems a good deal to me but I’m left wondering if the RT and TS1 share the same crown profile or will i need to have the head re-profiled to suit the TS piston? Thanks guys.
Scooterdude

Re: RT/TS1 head profile

Postby lozmondo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Do MB still run their loyalty scheme..the more you spend the better the discount?
Or try Germany? 149 euro
lozmondo

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:54 am

Yes MB still run the loyalty scheme.
Why don’t you ring mb and find out if head needs reprofiling.
ULC Soulagent

Postby Scooterdude » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:47 pm

Found the answer to this if anyone needs information: the Wossner, Asso, Moss, Mitaka etc as intended for ts1/RB all share the same dome height of 7mm along with the BGM Meteor so in theory should all fit the RT without having to have the head re-profiled.

I did note however that the ring pig position of the Mitaka was just on the edge of the boost port, just a bit to close for comfort. (fine in a piston port RT).

Carry on...
Scooterdude

Postby Norrie Bodge » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:07 am

Scooterdude wrote:Found the answer to this if anyone needs information: the Wossner, Asso, Moss, Mitaka etc as intended for ts1/RB all share the same dome height of 7mm along with the BGM Meteor so in theory should all fit the RT without having to have the head re-profiled.

I did note however that the ring pig position of the Mitaka was just on the edge of the boost port, just a bit to close for comfort. (fine in a piston port RT).

Carry on...

Does the Monza piston fit in this same crown profile?
Norrie Bodge

Postby Scooterdude » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:36 am

Norrie Bodge wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:Found the answer to this if anyone needs information: the Wossner, Asso, Moss, Mitaka etc as intended for ts1/RB all share the same dome height of 7mm along with the BGM Meteor so in theory should all fit the RT without having to have the head re-profiled.

Carry on...

Does the Monza piston fit in this same crown profile?

I can’t be certain as ive not tried one but i think the monza has a flatter profile.
Scooterdude

Postby dscscotty » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:51 am

Monza pistons have a different profile, I think around 3mm dome height
dscscotty

Return to Tuning & Kits