LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

TS1 Cylinder Head Change

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: TS1 Cylinder Head Change

Postby dickie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:28 am

I've got an avanti head on my TS1. It seems to run very cool. I've just repositioned the thermocouple so it will be next spring before I have good data though.

One thing to bear in mind is that they limit exhaust choice. Jl3 curly had to be belted with a club hammer slightly to fit, not much but mine was scruffy so I didn't care. Bgm clubman wouldn't go near. Af 48mm clubman wouldn't go near either. Avanti ex box fits nice though.

One more thing is that when I look at the bgm head, it's 'only' 125. Maybe it automatically calculates discount? But don't think I get that much, more like 10%
dickie

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:45 am

dickie wrote:One more thing is that when I look at the bgm head, it's 'only' 125. Maybe it automatically calculates discount? But don't think I get that much, more like 10%

Bgm ts1 Bear is £125 + P&P
I get 12% discount on most bits from MB
BLACK FRIDAY next week :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby ROClarke » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 am

dickie wrote:I've got an avanti head on my TS1. It seems to run very cool. I've just repositioned the thermocouple so it will be next spring before I have good data though.

One thing to bear in mind is that they limit exhaust choice. Jl3 curly had to be belted with a club hammer slightly to fit, not much but mine was scruffy so I didn't care. Bgm clubman wouldn't go near. Af 48mm clubman wouldn't go near either. Avanti ex box fits nice though.

One more thing is that when I look at the bgm head, it's 'only' 125. Maybe it automatically calculates discount? But don't think I get that much, more like 10%

Hi Dickie
How doe the choice fo head effect the fitting of the exhaust ?
I can understand that this might be the case with a mammoth head due to larger cowling but not with standard head cowl.
The reason I ask is that I run a BGM V4 clubman.
ROClarke

Postby dickie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:55 pm

The avanti and mammoth heads are pretty much the same thing. They can both get in the way of the box/expansion.
dickie

Postby hullygully » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:55 pm

No probs with the Franny race / tour 8-)
hullygully

Postby ROClarke » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:29 pm

dickie wrote:The avanti and mammoth heads are pretty much the same thing. They can both get in the way of the box/expansion.

Yes I get that, as they require a different head cowl, but cannot see how a BGM head would effect the pipe fitting :?
ROClarke

Postby dickie » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:11 pm

ROClarke wrote:
dickie wrote:The avanti and mammoth heads are pretty much the same thing. They can both get in the way of the box/expansion.

Yes I get that, as they require a different head cowl, but cannot see how a BGM head would effect the pipe fitting :?

You're right. If I accidentally said bgm head was a problem, then I didn't mean it. Bgm clubman with big head is a problem though; that's what I meant to say anyway.
dickie

Postby ROClarke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:42 am

Thanks Dickie, thats a relief as I think I have settled on the BGM head, tempted by Scooter Colonge 10% off offer as well !
ROClarke

Postby andrew c » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:05 pm

How much better are the Casa cooling new mag flange set up? It reads ok,has anyone any expierience,cheers Andy
andrew c

Postby ULC Soulagent » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:48 pm

I’ve gone for the casa blackline radial head n piston route because mb had no ts1 heads in stock :|
Be interesting too see how it pans out on the 240 touring setup
ULC Soulagent

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits