LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Chaincasing

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Chaincasing

Postby Jim » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:05 pm

I'm building an engine up and will be using a185 casa, my chain case cover is an early one with no reinforcing around the kick start, do I need the later one with reinforcing or will it be ok?
Jim

Re: Chaincasing

Postby HxPaul » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:18 pm

I have two scooters with Casa 185's,one with the early chaincase cover and one with the later chaincase cover.They do have a lot of compression,but I'm happy to take the risk of the early chaincase cover breaking.Something you must bear in mind is,if you use the eary chaincase cover you must use a kickstart pedal to match,the same applies if you use a later chaincase cover.
HxPaul

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:11 pm

HxPaul wrote:I have two scooters with Casa 185's,one with the early chaincase cover and one with the later chaincase cover.They do have a lot of compression,but I'm happy to take the risk of the early chaincase cover breaking.Something you must bear in mind is,if you use the eary chaincase cover you must use a kickstart pedal to match,the same applies if you use a later chaincase cover.

Good point thanks for that info
Jim

Postby peejay » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:01 am

hi Jim
i've run a 185 mugello kit for several years with a standard S2 sidecase with no problems at all.

shortly after fitting the kit the original kickshaft shaft twisted and jammed. a new one was strengthened with weld and is now fine.

i would be more worried about the kickstart shaft

PJ
peejay

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:44 pm

peejay wrote:hi Jim
i've run a 185 mugello kit for several years with a standard S2 sidecase with no problems at all.

shortly after fitting the kit the original kickshaft shaft twisted and jammed. a new one was strengthened with weld and is now fine.

i would be more worried about the kickstart shaft

PJ

Cheers peejay
Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 am

Is there an upgraded kickstart shaft you can buy? What's the best folks?
Jim

Postby holty » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:12 pm

I broke my kickstart shaft and casing trying to start my 290, it has got a lot of compression, I fitted a casa shaft and another sidecase and ive had no more problems, they were recommended to me by martin at chiselspeed and he ordered it for me, top man.
holty

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:09 pm

holty wrote:I broke my kickstart shaft and casing trying to start my 290, it has got a lot of compression, I fitted a casa shaft and another sidecase and ive had no more problems, they were recommended to me by martin at chiselspeed and he ordered it for me, top man.

Bril, cheers
Jim

Postby Raveydavey » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:16 am

If it’s Italian, I’d stick with what you’ve got.
I’ve clocked a few thousand miles on a 1958 Franebreather, original kickstart shaft and casing on 26bhp quattrini. Still as good as new :D
Raveydavey

Return to Tuning & Kits