LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

200 Muggello

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

200 Muggello

Postby Jeff t » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:41 pm

I've been running a Small block 200 Mugello for a few years, phbh30 Gori exhaust and when I built it I simply bolted on an lth reed valve without making any mods which took away some of the performance and on the dyno think I got about 13.5 bhp.
Over winter I am doing some work and have taken the engine out and was considering to improve performance taking off the reed valve but on Cambridge web site they sell the same Muggello kit with an lth and Imola piston with the cutouts in. Any thoughts on what difference either of the two changes would make. Also would changing the exhaust to an exp pipe make any difference.
Cheers.
Jeff t

Re: 200 Muggello

Postby dscscotty » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Adding a boost port-exiting from the inlet port will make a considerable difference to performance, this along with piston modifications will boost BHP etc
dscscotty

Re: 200 Muggello

Postby corrado » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:08 pm

I've got a Mugello 225 kit which wasn't anything to shout out about before I holed the piston. I had a spare TS1 piston though and a small ScootRS reed valve so I thought I'd try that. At the time the only advice I received was to cut a half moon into piston skirt on the inlet side. It transformed it and is a lovely touring scooter now with 20 bhp and 19 lbs torque. Running relatively tall gearing at 4.6 with Li150 g/box, ADS3 {torquey exhaust}, 58 x 110 crank, varitronic ignition & Mikuni TMX27. It's only vice is that it spits back a lot despite giving better MPG than it previously did.

Adding a boost port-exiting from the inlet port will make a considerable difference to performance

I haven't got the equipment or the expertise to do this Scotty but do you think it would help with the spit back issue?
corrado

Return to Tuning & Kits