LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Reedspeed rear shock

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Reedspeed rear shock

Postby steve chapman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:57 pm

I've just put one of the reedspeed rear shocks on my gp , when I push down on my seat and let go , I get a clonk from
The shock , I've tried adjusting the spring but dosnt seem to make any difference, I put my old shock back on and it dosnt do it , any ideas ? Or has anyone had the same problem , thanks steve
steve chapman

Re: Reedspeed rear shock

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Is there anything catching on the shock?
Could be the shock is topping out which usually means the shock has knackered internals
ULC Soulagent

Postby bamrattle » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:31 am

Im guessing its an adjustable 1 (you dont say) if so it sounds like you need to adjust the compression/rebound.
bamrattle

Postby trotsky » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:55 am

Hi,
Just a thought. Is it catching the mudguard on compression/rebound? Check to see if it's wider than your standard one, try some washers to move it away from the mudguard & see if stops it.
Steve.
trotsky

Postby steve chapman » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Thanks for your replies , first of all must apologise as it's a protech shocker and not a reedspeed one , it defernatly isn't catching on anything as I have got spacer washers at the back , I'm sure it is the shocker topping out , so have decided to send it back to the supplier, will see what they have to say , thanks steve
steve chapman

Return to Tuning & Kits