LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

STRATOS DUCATI ENERGIA ELECTRONIC IGNITION SYSTEM

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

STRATOS DUCATI ENERGIA ELECTRONIC IGNITION SYSTEM

Postby Simon_T » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:49 pm

Hi folks,
Does anyone run a stratos Ducati energia electronic ignition system...?

Followed the Italian instructions to the best of my ability and I don't think it was that hard to work out.

Heres the low down ive used the metal template you get with it to set the timing to 21 degrees and its meant to have a 3 and half degree built in retard , however ive used the piston stop method and marked up the mag housing using the conventional method with timing disc. Started it up and fires up great however when I strobed it, It came out like it was running at more like 23 degrees so adjusted the stator and its showing up at about 17 degrees but with very little retardation if I'm making sense.

any thoughts please.
Simon_T

Re: STRATOS DUCATI ENERGIA ELECTRONIC IGNITION SYSTEM

Postby corrado » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:12 am

How did you go on with this kit? I've got one that I've had for a couple of years or so (maybe more) so just decided I'd fit it to a new BGM225 I'm building. I'm at the "searching for the instructions from my safe space" stage at the minute.
corrado

Postby Simon_T » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:57 am

Hi Corrado,
ive had a couple of these for a few years now and they're fine lighting was low don't bother with the metal template you get that's suppose to set it at 21 degrees,
I have the instructions in PDF format if you need them.
regards
Simon_T

Postby dscscotty » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:56 am

Does it have any info on the ignition curve/map albeit very limited in the amount of retard, for example static SIP Vapes have a 2-3 degrees retard at around 7 or 8000rpm, so it maybe that when strobing your not hitting the pre set rpm range for it to retard,
dscscotty

Return to Tuning & Kits