LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Steel liner for a TS1

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Steel liner for a TS1

Postby LuiLui » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:06 pm

Evening,
Just heard from Langcourts that my TS1 barrel can’t be replated again because the alloy is porous with too many pin holes to weld. So what are the options to use a steel liner and who does it and do they still perform the same once run in? Any ideas or experiences appreciated. And i Suppose I should add, What’s the ball park cost?
Thanks
Mark
LuiLui

Re: Steel liner for a TS1

Postby shane BBoys » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:17 pm

Try dscscotty on here I think he’s the man.
Cheers Shane
shane BBoys

Postby MickYork » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Just sent my Avanti barrel off to PJME (somewhere in the mid-lands ?). The cost is roughly the same as a re-plate.

If you still wished to retain a Nicasil coating, i'm wondering whether an aluminium liner could be fitted ?.......just a thought.

Here's the number for PJME, nice people to talk to: 01902 307457
MickYork

Postby LuiLui » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:35 pm

Cheers both, I’ll pm Scotty and give the midlands number a call, it’s a Wolves number which is my home town before I settled down south. Still be interested to hear from anyone running a steel lined TS1.
LuiLui

Postby Toddy » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:06 am

LuiLui wrote:Cheers both, I’ll pm Scotty and give the midlands number a call, it’s a Wolves number which is my home town before I settled down south. Still be interested to hear from anyone running a steel lined TS1.

I run two steel lined TS1’s both done by Scotty with a mild touring tune done through pjme, both run excellent
Toddy

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:02 pm

LuiLui wrote:Evening,
Just heard from Langcourts that my TS1 barrel can’t be replated again because the alloy is porous with too many pin holes to weld. So what are the options to use a steel liner and who does it and do they still perform the same once run in? Any ideas or experiences appreciated. And i Suppose I should add, What’s the ball park cost?
Thanks
Mark

I thought that Langcourts themselves offered the service of re-lining :?:

(I'd have to check, but I needed a Rapido barrel fixing quickly some years ago, & one of the nikasil plating companies did it extremely well & quickly)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby LuiLui » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Langcourts may do WT, to be honest I just though “oh feck” and asked for the barrel to be returned. It was only afterwards I thought about a steel liner. Spoke to PJME today and basically you send them the barrel, your chosen piston kit and they line to suit. £165 plus postage and vat. Will contact Scotty and see what he can do re tuning the barrel and if there are preferred piston options for steel.

Cheers
LuiLui

Return to Tuning & Kits