LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

MB clutch

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

MB clutch

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Looking for some input...one of my team mates was complaining about a heavy clutch. It’s an MB clutch was at one point a 6 plate but when at marks last year became a 5 plate ? Looked like the clutch spindle was bent & we swapped with another so the stiff part is fixed but I couldn’t stop the clutch drag! Wound out the adjuster till it was engaged then back a couple of turns still dragging! As far as I’m aware the corks & springs got changed April 18.

Would be much obliged if anyone had an opinion on this

Scott
Psychedelicropcircle

Re: MB clutch

Postby Fast n Furious » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:41 pm

Scott... if you search the forum under the header "clutch problem" there is plethora of good advise on this problem.
Good luck.
Fast n Furious

Postby coaster » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:08 pm

When you piut a clutch together, its important to check that the plates are separating enough, you need to have between 1.5mm to 2mm clearance when the clutch is fully compressed with a compressor. Any less you will need to experiment with thinner steels or even thinner friction discs.
coaster

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:57 pm

coaster wrote:When you piut a clutch together, its important to check that the plates are separating enough, you need to have between 1.5mm to 2mm clearance when the clutch is fully compressed with a compressor. Any less you will need to experiment with thinner steels or even thinner friction discs.

^... LIKE
Adam_Winstone

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:10 am

I took it apart & it all looked brand new , not sure of the reason from moving from 6 to 5. Hrs contacted Mb who says bring it in & TBF he looks after him it’s just a ball ache journey from Scotland to donny for an already SE busy gadge!

Anyhoo it’s of my hands I just prefer to hand them back sorted...and as I told him get an LTH cassette in it’s fit & forget :lol:
Psychedelicropcircle

Return to Tuning & Kits