LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Metal filings from carb HELP PLEASE

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Metal filings from carb HELP PLEASE

Postby readsandypaul » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:13 pm

Drained the petrol tank its a clean as a whistle
readsandypaul

Postby Hornbyfrog123 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:58 pm

Is it a SIL engine on a GP, could it be something in the crankcase? The clutch bush is brass! Have you checked gear oil? It seems all the obvious have been eliminated now we need to look at less obvious answers.
Hornbyfrog123

Postby ULC Soulagent » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:19 pm

Hornbyfrog123 wrote:Is it a SIL engine on a GP, could it be something in the crankcase? The clutch bush is brass! Have you checked gear oil? It seems all the obvious have been eliminated now we need to look at less obvious answers.

:shock: crankcase via carb :lol:
ULC Soulagent

Postby readsandypaul » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Checked the tank drain it off and its clean as a whistle. the enging was stripped and a casa chain down puller was fulty but that i think is steel its a gp case i think may be indian it has no number so at a guess i think its that, it was built 1700 miles ago and been stripped of head barrel etc all new, crank cheked that was new Tameni, new clutch bearings seals kickstart shaft, new anthony tambs stator af small flywheel taken off and looked at. Someone did mention crank shims it was checked on stripdown and all was ok but it was not taken out again, new chain and tensioners, jesus its all new and driving me nuts. its Very fine brass dust specks on the mouth of the carb more on the panel from the spit back with oil and crap and abit on the floorboard under the mouth of the carb. Thanks a lot for all your help
readsandypaul

Postby rossclark » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:07 pm

Forget it and run it
rossclark

Postby rossclark » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:08 pm

You ran it 70 miles and no issues, just keep going and sort it when it goes bang
rossclark

Postby readsandypaul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:00 pm

PROBLEM SOLVED it turns out to be..... the nut on the bottom of the carb vibrating onto the lip on the panel because a when i fiied the Mugell 225 the carb was knocking on the head cowling so i put on a bit longer rubber to push it out more, so not seeing it was hitting on the panel at the bottom, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP Paul.
readsandypaul

Postby MickYork » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Nice to get a result and good to give the outcome.
MickYork

Postby readsandypaul » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Off to brighton Friday for the weekend so i will let you know the full outcome when i return, thanks for all your help, hopefully see you there, Paul.
readsandypaul

Postby ROClarke » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:08 am

if you think about it guys it was not fuel related as if he had that much brass fillings in his tank or carb the engine would have not run or at best, :idea:
ROClarke

Postby readsandypaul » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Hi Gang back and All is good, no filings on panel. great after stripping the engine down for nothing. Thanks to all of you for you help Paul
readsandypaul

Postby Donnie » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:35 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:
Hornbyfrog123 wrote:Is it a SIL engine on a GP, could it be something in the crankcase? The clutch bush is brass! Have you checked gear oil? It seems all the obvious have been eliminated now we need to look at less obvious answers.

:shock: crankcase via carb :lol:

Indeed! If so there's bigger issues with this engine!!!
Donnie

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits