LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Used Kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Used Kit

Postby PhilS » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:43 am

Are there any issues fitting a previously used kit on a different casing? I'm thinking in term of wear rings in the bore (even if not visible) and the slight differences between casings possibly causing a different piston height.

As good practice would it make sense to have the bore honed?
PhilS

Re: Used Kit

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

Casing should not make a difference. You might want to overlay the new gaskets and take the opportunity to blueprint the barrel to the casing.
Standard practice would be to push the rings into the bore and measure the gap before building the top end.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby coaster » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:47 am

PhilS wrote:Are there any issues fitting a previously used kit on a different casing? I'm thinking in term of wear rings in the bore (even if not visible) and the slight differences between casings possibly causing a different piston height.

As good practice would it make sense to have the bore honed?

Possibly, a light hone would be sensible if a wear ridge is evident at the top of the bore but many would not worry about it as Chris says.
coaster

Postby missing lynx » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:07 pm

It will depend what "kit" you've got as a Nicocil lined one would need treating differently to an iron barrel
missing lynx

Return to Tuning & Kits