LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

casa 225

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

casa 225

Postby La chevre » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi all

My TS1 225 has worn out (piston slap) and therefore weighing up the pros and cons of a straight replacement or a ceramic re line and new piston with a tune from a reputable tuner on the existing kit?
Otherwise Looking for a battery side cylinder kit the Avanti maybe or the casa 225 kit on a standard Lambretta casing (not casa) and if so what other parts are recommended for upgrading. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thx
La chevre

Re: casa 225

Postby rossclark » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:14 pm

A replate and piston is probably going to cost you around 250£ depending on the piston choice and assuming no welding needed.

A liner might be similar and you might have options for a rebore depending on the piston.

A new kit would be 4-500£ and you could prob sell the old barrel to someone who needs one and recoup some of that.

Avanti is standard side inlet.

Which Casa do you mean?

In any case you want to ensure you have a good crank and bearings
rossclark

Postby bike grim » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:04 am

Pm DSC Scotty on here for the lowdown on a steel liner with a tour tune. Well worth it ! Lots of people
including me are very impressed with his work. Also if you want to go standard side with the carb on a TS1, I use the LTH left handed manifold with a 30mm PHBH and I can recommend it. Plenty of room for a reed packer
bike grim

Postby Toddy » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:13 pm

bike grim wrote:Pm DSC Scotty on here for the lowdown on a steel liner with a tour tune. Well worth it ! Lots of people
including me are very impressed with his work. Also if you want to go standard side with the carb on a TS1, I use the LTH left handed manifold with a 30mm PHBH and I can recommend it. Plenty of room for a reed packer

+1 for Scotty loads of miles on mine :D
Toddy

Postby La chevre » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:51 pm

rossclark wrote:A replate and piston is probably going to cost you around 250£ depending on the piston choice and assuming no welding needed.

A liner might be similar and you might have options for a rebore depending on the piston.

A new kit would be 4-500£ and you could prob sell the old barrel to someone who needs one and recoup some of that.

Avanti is standard side inlet.

Which Casa do you mean?

In any case you want to ensure you have a good crank and bearings

Thanks for this

Casa 22cc cylinder kit btw.
La chevre

Postby La chevre » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:53 pm

bike grim wrote:Pm DSC Scotty on here for the lowdown on a steel liner with a tour tune. Well worth it ! Lots of people

Thanks ill weigh up the options and contact scotty .Thank you.
La chevre

Return to Tuning & Kits