LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

GT186 manifold - carb fouling engine mount

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: GT186 manifold - carb fouling engine mount

Postby coaster » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:33 am

Storkfoot wrote:....From experience on the road, I can vouch for the fact that this issue does not present itself with this barrel :( :)

I can vouch that you were very 'slick' at doing that by the time we got back from Italy ;)
coaster

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:35 pm

coaster wrote:
Storkfoot wrote:....From experience on the road, I can vouch for the fact that this issue does not present itself with this barrel :( :)

I can vouch that you were very 'slick' at doing that by the time we got back from Italy ;)

It was a pity I never noticed the bent exhaust stud at Lake Como. If I had, the second strip down in France would not have been needed. Such is life :D
Storkfoot

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:26 pm

Vegansydney, I thought I’d give you an update on the jetting. This is with a filter and a Ron Moss Avanti box exhaust now.

Atomiser Q0, needle 4DH7 2nd clip and slide 3.0. Main 175, pilot 17.5.

I haven’t done too many miles, mainly as I haven’t got any legshields fitted, but I am pretty sure that is very close. Perhaps the main may change 5 either way.
Storkfoot

Postby vegansydney » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:54 am

Storkfoot wrote:Vegansydney, I thought I’d give you an update on the jetting. This is with a filter and a Ron Moss Avanti box exhaust now.

Atomiser Q0, needle 4DH7 2nd clip and slide 3.0. Main 175, pilot 17.5.

I haven’t done too many miles, mainly as I haven’t got any legshields fitted, but I am pretty sure that is very close. Perhaps the main may change 5 either way.

Thanks for sharing the jetting! That's pretty close to what I got on a Casa 185 recently (wide neck airbox, BGM filter, Casa S1/S2 Clubman) sans the atomizer which was Q3 and slide which was a 4.5. Can't wait to finally get my GT together.
vegansydney

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:30 pm

I have recently swapped inlet manifold from the downdraught 30mm version to the 24/25mm version which is not down draught. I now see your predicament, Vegansydney. Even with an 8mm packer, I have still had to take a dremel out to provide an adequate gap between the carb and engine mount.
Storkfoot

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits