LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

JL or Ron Moss exhaust

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

JL or Ron Moss exhaust

Postby Daz-uk » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:07 am

at the moment I have a JL exhaust on my tuned 186, thinking of changing to a Ron Moss clubman for the standard look, do you think I would lose, stay the same or gain if I changed?
Daz-uk

Re: JL or Ron Moss exhaust

Postby coaster » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:40 am

I have used a JL3 on a few engines including Mugello 186, Avanti 225 and TS1 225 and it has a marked power band which can be fun but then it runs out of steam and struggles to make power over about 6k rpm. I have a BGM Mk 3 clubby on my GT 240 and find the power delivery very smooth and progressive but it too loses power higher up the rev range. I hear that Rons exhaust is similar but revs a fair bit higher. Personally I wouldnt bother with thr JL unless its free.
coaster

Re: JL or Ron Moss exhaust

Postby rexton270s » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:15 pm

I used a jl4 on my mugello 186 with a 116 conrod and it was a fast combo on the straight but any sort of hill it dyed of death,put a scootopia clubman on and its way more ridable but but I do miss that powerband of the jl4!
rexton270s

Return to Tuning & Kits