LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

200 tuning kit with retro looks?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

200 tuning kit with retro looks?

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:47 pm

What's available that keeps the Carb on the correct side (30 mil Delly) and to be ran with old school pipe 48mm reverse cone clubman etc
SlackerThePinstriper

Re: 200 tuning kit with retro looks?

Postby MickYork » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Avanti, GT, probably a couple of more......
MickYork

Postby shane BBoys » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Rapids? Muggy!
Cheers Shane.
shane BBoys

Postby dickie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:22 pm

For proper retro, Honda 205 kits are available for about 400 with top quality piston a nice tune.
dickie

Postby burnside » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:28 am

GT kits have carb on the correct side, I'm running a GT200 with Phbh30 and bgm clubman in my GT200 S-type as wanted to keep it as true to the originals visually....plus I did not want to cut the battery tray off a GT200 frame!
burnside

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:47 pm

burnside wrote:GT kits have carb on the correct side, I'm running a GT200 with Phbh30 and bgm clubman in my GT200 S-type as wanted to keep it as true to the originals visually....plus I did not want to cut the battery tray off a GT200 frame!

I have ridden the smaller GT kits & they are very torquey, so can only imagine that the larger versions are as good, if not better ;)

Personally, I have a number of 'right price' used Rapido cylinders that I have fitted pistons other than generic Lambretta too, along with longer strokes with 'rods to suit. As a consequence, they become a better 'all-rounder' especially with a good, filtered carburettor. For me, the PH range will not do, & I know that by comparison, back to back, there are much better Dell'Ortos & other makes available. Honestly, for a road Lambretta, the PWK's are a revelation, but I am aware that many Lambretta self tuners take comfort in the fact that many, many of the PH's are in use.

Anyway, I'm not trying to preach :oops: but the Rapido's can be very civilised, despite the abscence of reed valve induction, especially with a good air filter, which in itself will save fuel if mounted uphill.

As for exhaust, that does really come down to personal choice, but if a box type is required, it's not rocket science to make your own, which gives better chances to get adequate tailpipe size & a good, long reverse cone, although a muffler will certainly be necessary.

My current 70 x 61 Rapido easily pulls TV200 top (Pacemaker with 19 x 46) but pootles down to town speeds in the same gear. It has a sccotRS six plater running in ATF which eliminated the need to 'nurse' the clutch when ST90 was in the gearbox. Currently, a re-engineered VHB (square slide!) with PH range atomiser/needles is fitted which is really good even with a good, DIY filter, but I have 'proved' that 'two stroking' the old school tuning carb can be done to myself & a PWK awaits to be fitted simply because they are even better with the added advantage of no tendency toward hot flooding re-starting issues, though I got around that by venting the air filter hose with a filtered drain.

I hope that all helps in your decision ;)
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby bluebob » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 pm

RT Kits
bluebob

Postby Scooterslag » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:27 pm

why don't you just go for a stage 4 200? ( a good one) proper old school and not too mad on the bank. Paul :)
Scooterslag

Postby Knowledge » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:16 pm

A LHS manifold is available for the TS1, and the exhaust only needs a change of flange, though a stage 4 tuned 200 barrel sounds like a good call to me.
Knowledge

Postby burnside » Mon May 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:
burnside wrote:GT kits have carb on the correct side, I'm running a GT200 with Phbh30 and bgm clubman in my GT200 S-type as wanted to keep it as true to the originals visually....plus I did not want to cut the battery tray off a GT200 frame!

I have ridden the smaller GT kits & they are very torquey, so can only imagine that the larger versions are as good, if not better ;)

They are, I've got a GT186 in one scooter and it pulls 4.8 gearing with a Fran Race pipe, great kit. The GT200 has buckets full of low down grunt, and one of my riding partners (Coaster) has the GT240 with a clubman and riding over the Pyrenees for the Spanish Euro we were all screaming in 2nd and 3rd up the steep inclines whilst he was still sitting there quite happily in 4th.
burnside

Postby ULC Soulagent » Mon May 04, 2020 2:09 pm

burnside wrote:
Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:

They are, I've got a GT186 in one scooter and it pulls 4.8 gearing with a Fran Race pipe, great kit. The GT200 has buckets full of low down grunt, and one of my riding partners (Coaster) has the GT240 with a clubman and riding over the Pyrenees for the Spanish Euro we were all screaming in 2nd and 3rd up the steep inclines whilst he was still sitting there quite happily in 4th.

You didn’t happen too video two certain individuals on approaching a bend up in the mountains, one on a Army green S1 and the other eejit sticking his legs out on a silver special while tearing round said corner ?
ULC Soulagent

Postby burnside » Wed May 06, 2020 3:40 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote:
burnside wrote:
Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:I have ridden the smaller GT kits & they are very torquey, so can only imagine that the larger versions are as good, if not better ;)

You didn’t happen too video two certain individuals on approaching a bend up in the mountains, one on a Army green S1 and the other eejit sticking his legs out on a silver special while tearing round said corner ?

Both of you with matching silver lids and black/yellow rainsuits by any chance? I didn't get a video but think one of our group did, I just got a couple of pics

burnside

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu May 07, 2020 5:17 am

Aye, that’s me doing the doctors dangle :lol: and Marty in keeping up :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby burnside » Thu May 07, 2020 9:53 am

That was a great road, with the added challenge of avoiding livestock on the way up, and a rare dry day which was an added bonus
burnside

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu May 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Agree, the roaming livestock made it very interesting indeed but the temperature didn’t half drop on the way down on the other side :o
ULC Soulagent

Return to Tuning & Kits