LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

CST easy pull clutch conversion

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: CST easy pull clutch conversion

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:50 am

Storkfoot wrote:Overkill is excellent, Martin.

I have had to rebuild a couple of 5 plate clutches on the road over the years with this engine, which is modestly tuned. I have also missed at least one LCGB event, having burnt plates out going over the Pennines.

The LTH clutch is an excellent bit of kit and is entirely worth it in my eyes. Possibly one of the best Lambretta parts I have ever bought :D

So, has anyone anything bad to say about the CST mechanism, other than it’s cost?

I have no experience of the CST mechanism but the main reservation I have is that it appears to be 'steel on steel' as far as the thrust face. That & the fact that I prefer clutch bells that have a spindle to fit gear clusters with the hole to suit to ensure the clutch doesn't tip, which is a benefit to avoid premature wear.

BTW. The LTH clutch has a good reputation, but a well assembled six plater can be achieved with careful selection of the components involved. The ScootsRS kit is good (when used with ATF), though no longer available, but CamLam's can be persuaded to work well in good OEM Innocenti parts, capable of coping with high torque 30+ BHP motors in my experience. The clutch bells from India will deflect under pressure causing drag. It goes without saying that the spring set need to be of a gauge & pitch number to ensure they don't become coil bound.....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:35 am

There is a brass plunger option, if needed. This is mine:

To clarify, it is only the tip that is brass.
Storkfoot

Postby Toot » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:59 am

I've probably rode 5-6,000 miles since fitting the CST 'easy pull' and I have to agree with the suggestion that it must rate as one of the best upgrades to make riding a Lambretta much more enjoyably.
Toot

Postby dscscotty » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:54 am

Stop Press!
Just to confirm we've ( Team DSC) have been testing a new clutch activator mechanism for a UK manufacturer/shop. Tested in in one of our group 6 machines, which runs a 10 spring BGM clutch using heavy load springs, I have to say it is unbelievable in both its performance and simplicity. They're due to be on general sale very soon and will be very competitive price wise.
dscscotty

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:13 am

dscscotty wrote:Stop Press!
Just to confirm we've ( Team DSC) have been testing a new clutch activator mechanism for a UK manufacturer/shop. Tested in in one of our group 6 machines, which runs a 10 spring BGM clutch using heavy load springs, I have to say it is unbelievable in both its performance and simplicity. They're due to be on general sale very soon and will be very competitive price wise.

Sounds interesting :)
Storkfoot

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:07 pm

Tell 'em to 'urry up Scotty, mi left hand is killing me! ;)

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby ULC Soulagent » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:35 pm

Can’t wait ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby corrado » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:54 am

Rich Oswald wrote:

Tell 'em to 'urry up Scotty, mi left hand is killing me! ;)

Rich'

I just hope it's not on the same boat as the 8 plate clutches. :mrgreen:
corrado

Postby hullygully » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:31 am

curry speed................... :lol:
hullygully

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits