LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Varitronic spark

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Varitronic spark

Postby Jeff t » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:11 am

Went out on Friday scooter ran ok If a bit sluggish but it’s been stood a while, anyway tried to start yesterday and kicks over but won’t start. Checked for spark and it seems to be intermittent, at first I thought I didn’t get a spark but tried a few times and then it seemed to be ok.
I checked the flywheel was ok, checked wiring can’t see any issues, made sure it’s getting petrol. One other thing if I push the kick start say at half load there is no spark. Any ideas?
Jeff t

Re: Varitronic spark

Postby shane BBoys » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:46 pm

That’s a good question I’ve just built a motor with Scootopia varitrinic I’ve had it running but now it won’t. I removed the suppressor cap kicked the bike and got a shock off the lead so put a new cap on I can here it wanting to start but it won’t? To
Try changing the cap see if you get any results, I take it the plug is getting fuel?
Cheers Shane
shane BBoys

Postby Jeff t » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:55 pm

I changed the suppressor cap yesterday started first kick, tried again tonight started second kick, hopefully that was the issue.
Jeff t

Postby shane BBoys » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:42 am

How did you get on?
Cheers Shane
shane BBoys

Postby Jeff t » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:51 pm

Been away for a few days so not been out but kicked it over 3 or 4 times and every time it’s stated first or second kit so confident that was the problem.
Jeff t

Return to Tuning & Kits