LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Thinking of adding front shocks on S3 Li150 (advice please)

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Thinking of adding front shocks on S3 Li150 (advice plea

Postby Andyf » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Lord-Spanner wrote:
Andyf wrote:Finding a decent replacement pair of the right forks isn't always easy, go with the welded lugs and new links. Just my opinion - the MB replacement links are absolutely first rate.

Very true but would possibly look at new ones if they were not stupid money, welded lugs and new links sound good to me, MB replacement links??? do you have a link Andy? was looking at the casa ones for about 100 notes.............

not cheap, but quality rarely is. second-to-none imo

https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/ ... lon-bushes)-mb/mrb0763pr.html
Andyf

Postby Lord-Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:50 am

Andyf wrote:
Lord-Spanner wrote:
Andyf wrote:Finding a decent replacement pair of the right forks isn't always easy, go with the welded lugs and new links. Just my opinion - the MB replacement links are absolutely first rate.

Very true but would possibly look at new ones if they were not stupid money, welded lugs and new links sound good to me, MB replacement links??? do you have a link Andy? was looking at the casa ones for about 100 notes.............

not cheap, but quality rarely is. second-to-none imo

https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/ ... lon-bushes)-mb/mrb0763pr.html

Can't seem to get that link to work so can't see what your trying to show me Andy :cry:
Lord-Spanner

Postby HxPaul » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:38 am

HxPaul

Postby Lord-Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:19 am

That works, thanks Paul, going with the welded mounts now though, bought a welder yesterday too, my leg guard and rear boards need some attention as I tried to buy new rear boards but they were such a crappy fit I sent them back, so going to repair what I have, and I'll be welding a new battery tray on the frame as mine was cut off................ :D

All I have to do now is learn how to weld :shock: :lol: :lol:
Lord-Spanner

Postby Lord-Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:24 am

https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/ ... l1067.html

On a side note thinking of going with these, one of the best I have seen
Lord-Spanner

Postby roli150lam » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:15 am

Lord-Spanner wrote:

That works, thanks Paul, going with the welded mounts now though, bought a welder yesterday too, my leg guard and rear boards need some attention as I tried to buy new rear boards but they were such a crappy fit I sent them back, so going to repair what I have, and I'll be welding a new battery tray on the frame as mine was cut off................ :D

There is an alternative to the welded battery tray.have a look at the tray/box that bolts to the rear leg strut easy and quick fitting/removal.search f/b for Dave Mayo May/ lamfab.

roli150lam

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:01 pm

Lord-Spanner wrote:

Clearly, if you have no experience of welding, do make sure you have the knack prior to trying the sheet metal floorboards, as otherwise you will just blow holes in them. Depends what welder you have bought. TIG is good but beyond my price range, so I have Oxy-Acetylene. A good arc welding set will not be cheap & I personally could not get on with MIG. I've seen better looking 'candles' running down a kid's face.

Lord-Spanner wrote:https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/forks/lambretta-fork-top-damper-brackets-weld-on-type-to-convert-125__150-forks-to-175__200-spec-pair-mb/mbl1067.html

The items from Scooter Restorations are as good as I have seen. What will make the finished result is the weld quality. See above!

I have a few frames for future projects & the quality of the Innocenti GP200 welds are stunning. As I have a TV200 to re-loop & I wouldn't wish to devalue it, no way wil I be attempting to weld that, but I am unaware of anybody that can truly claim to emulate Innocenti's finest welders.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Lord-Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:33 pm

roli150lam wrote:
Lord-Spanner wrote:

There is an alternative to the welded battery tray.have a look at the tray/box that bolts to the rear leg strut easy and quick fitting/removal.search f/b for Dave Mayo May/ lamfab.
Lord-Spanner

Postby Lord-Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:35 pm

Ok cool, will have a look :mrgreen:
Lord-Spanner

Postby Lord-Spanner » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:
Lord-Spanner wrote:

Clearly, if you have no experience of welding, do make sure you have the knack prior to trying the sheet metal floorboards, as otherwise you will just blow holes in them. Depends what welder you have bought. TIG is good but beyond my price range, so I have Oxy-Acetylene. A good arc welding set will not be cheap & I personally could not get on with MIG. I've seen better looking 'candles' running down a kid's face.

Lord-Spanner wrote:https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/forks/lambretta-fork-top-damper-brackets-weld-on-type-to-convert-125__150-forks-to-175__200-spec-pair-mb/mbl1067.html

The items from Scooter Restorations are as good as I have seen. What will make the finished result is the weld quality. See above!

I have a few frames for future projects & the quality of the Innocenti GP200 welds are stunning. As I have a TV200 to re-loop & I wouldn't wish to devalue it, no way wil I be attempting to weld that, but I am unaware of anybody that can truly claim to emulate Innocenti's finest welders.

Yeah I hear what your saying, I have done some welding with a mig before but a long time ago, I will be practicing before I attack the boards, I bought a mig and not to cheap either so should be very adjustable to suit my needs 8-)

Bought quite a few parts from SR and they sell some good quality stuff, as above I did try buying new boards but as I was unwrapping the East Asia times news paper I didn't expect much and was correct, utter junk so back they went, It would be very hard to produce a weld like a pro welder as like you say it's almost a work of art, but I'm willing to have a go at most things even welding, good job I own a little angle grinder :shock:
Lord-Spanner

Postby Andyf » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:07 pm

Lord-Spanner wrote:
Andyf wrote:
Lord-Spanner wrote:https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/ ... lon-bushes)-mb/mrb0763pr.html

Can't seem to get that link to work so can't see what your trying to show me Andy :cry:

sorry i missed this, it would appear that a rogue space got into my link.
Andyf

Postby Lord-Spanner » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:24 pm

[/quote]
Andyf wrote: Can't seem to get that link to work so can't see what your trying to show me Andy :cry:
[/quote]

sorry i missed this, it would appear that a rogue space got into my link.[/quote] MB so just need to sort some bottom links now 8-)

Typical :roll: no worries anyway, ordered some top shock weld on mounts from MB so just need to sort some bottom links now 8-)
Lord-Spanner

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits