LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

CasaSST265

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

CasaSST265

Postby ROClarke » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Thinking off pulling the trigger,it’s only money.
Anyone got one ?
ROClarke

Re: CasaSST265

Postby shamrockexpress » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Is this a HOLD UP! :? :)
shamrockexpress

Postby Toddy » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:01 am

shamrockexpress wrote:Is this a HOLD UP! :? :)

:lol: :lol:
Toddy

Postby Fast n Furious » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:35 pm

Spending the kids inheritance are ya? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fast n Furious

Postby ROClarke » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:53 am

Fast n Furious wrote:Spending the kids inheritance are ya? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, some doomsayers think we are all going to die form Covid-19 anyway :D
Joking aside, what do you think FF, is it all marketing hype or are the engines as good as the vids suggest ?
I am reluctant to ride a test scoter as I have had experience of so called test engines and chassis when kart racing and there are never what you actually go on to buy but are specials designed to suck you in.
ROClarke

Postby missing lynx » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:24 am

I haven't got one, if I had the money would I buy one? On paper it looks fantastic a ready built engine you can just bolt in and you will have a stupidly fast lammy. But what is the power delivery like? It will do over 100 but will it happily sit at 45-50 on the way to a rally with your mates? I'm surprised no owner have posted waxing lyrical about them! Personally I'd like to have a go on one but for the sort of riding I do I don't think it would fit the bill but if you've got the cash and enough extra for the other upgrades you will need go for it you only live once
missing lynx

Postby ROClarke » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:43 am

missing lynx wrote:I haven't got one, if I had the money would I buy one? On paper it looks fantastic a ready built engine you can just bolt in and you will have a stupidly fast lammy. But what is the power delivery like? It will do over 100 but will it happily sit at 45-50 on the way to a rally with your mates? I'm surprised no owner have posted waxing lyrical about them! Personally I'd like to have a go on one but for the sort of riding I do I don't think it would fit the bill but if you've got the cash and enough extra for the other upgrades you will need go for it you only live once

Yes, agree a bit strange that nobody on here has been signing its praises, perhaps because of the cost, the motor attracts a different sort of enthusiasts who keeps things to themselves a bit more !
ROClarke

Postby Knowledge » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:54 pm

I have spoken to a guy who has ridden many of these top-end, high performance after market engines and one of his comments about how the power is delivered hit home.

Often, on the way to producing 45bhp, there is a stunning power band that delivers an extra 15 or even 20 bhp over just 1000 revs, on its way to its 9,500 to 10,000 ceiling. It is exciting (probably very exciting) much of the time, but I guess it becomes tiresome when filtering with traffic with your mates in the real world.

I would prefer torque and a more linear delivery of power over a scary rev-monster any day. The guy who shares these words of wisdom has a TS1 with a 60mm crank. It is very nice to ride.

Lesson: Be careful what you wish for.
Knowledge

Postby ROClarke » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Knowledge wrote:I have spoken to a guy who has ridden many of these top-end, high performance after market engines and one of his comments about how the power is delivered hit home.

Often, on the way to producing 45bhp, there is a stunning power band that delivers an extra 15 or even 20 bhp over just 1000 revs, on its way to its 9,500 to 10,000 ceiling. It is exciting (probably very exciting) much of the time, but I guess it becomes tiresome when filtering with traffic with your mates in the real world.

I would prefer torque and a more linear delivery of power over a scary rev-monster any day. The guy who shares these words of wisdom has a TS1 with a 60mm crank. It is very nice to ride.

I am fortunate to have another small bore 200 which would be my scooter of choice when riding with mates, but I more often than not ride on my own.
ROClarke

Postby MickYork » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:20 pm

Not the 265 but might give you some idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-suCJoQqE&t=748s

A local lad has the 225 (street legal) and it recorded 102mph at Elvington, not sure what the 265 will do !!

I didn't think they did the ready built engines anymore ?
MickYork

Postby ROClarke » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Yeh,still do plug and play option,according to Rimini Lam website anyway.
ROClarke

Postby ROClarke » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:52 pm

MickYork wrote:Not the 265 but might give you some idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN-suCJoQqE&t=748s

A local lad has the 225 (street legal) and it recorded 102mph at Elvington, not sure what the 265 will do !!

I didn't think they did the ready built engines anymore ?

As I have said previously sceptical of test bikes etc,I would rather hear from someone who has one.
ROClarke

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:45 pm

Without wanting to expose myself as in need of a saucer of milk! When I’m hurtling along at full blat on my TS I find myself asking if these frames could handle another 150% more power! :lol:
Psychedelicropcircle

Postby Simon ELC » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:42 pm

I've had an SST265 for just over a year and I'm trying to justify getting another one. It's so good I no longer want to ride my other scooter which has a TS1 253 in it.
I started out with the Casa Clubman type box pipe, which pulls 4.2 final drive with ease. At 65mph it will return 60mpg and at 6000 rpm it is doing 73mph. It makes 30 BHP with a box pipe!
I then decided to get the Super Tourer expansion exhaust which transformed into a completely different motor. Gearing is happier at around 4.6-4.8 final drive but it is impossible to keep the front wheel on the ground if you give it full beans in the lower gears. I haven't worked out the fuel consumption yet but I'd guess around 50mpg at 60-65mph.
I've had it dynoed by John Howe (Jahspeed) 30 BHP with the box pipe and a little over 40 BHP with the expansion with 24 Ft/lb of torque.
If you get both pipes you get two very different, but exceptional motors.
I've gone back to the box pipe for the time being, 40 BHP is a bit scary on 10inch wheels on public roads.
Simon ELC

Postby Fast n Furious » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:04 pm

ROClarke wrote:
Fast n Furious wrote:Spending the kids inheritance are ya? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, some doomsayers think we are all going to die form Covid-19 anyway :D
Joking aside, what do you think FF, is it all marketing hype or are the engines as good as the vids suggest ?
I am reluctant to ride a test scoter as I have had experience of so called test engines and chassis when kart racing and there are never what you actually go on to buy but are specials designed to suck you in.

Never had the pleasure of riding one of these.
They do look the dogs though.
Ideally, the rest of the scooter needs upgrading to suit the engine so spend the inheritance and remorgage. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fast n Furious

Postby Fast n Furious » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:14 pm

Knowledge wrote:I have spoken to a guy who has ridden many of these top-end, high performance after market engines and one of his comments about how the power is delivered hit home.

I wonder if anyone has tried a power valve cylinder on one of these cases in an attempt to get the best of both worlds?
Fast n Furious

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Not that I'll ever be in this end of the Lambretta world...

But from where I am, in the gutter drooling at the stars...

I'd wait some before spunking big bucks... Looks like there's gonna be some serious up & coming British contenders I.T.A. soonish... ;)
Andy B.L.C.

Postby shamrockexpress » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:10 am

I really think it comes down to the fact of how much 10k means to you.....if you have slogged your guts out all your life and have a few quid over and above family needs stashed away with nothing else to spend it on then why not, after all it looks nicer than a painting hanging up in the hallway!!!!!!!!
I would buy the full package but only after i fly out to rimini and getting that good looking chick that mechanics there take me 2s up for a test RIDE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D and then let her convince me why it was the ride of my life.
shamrockexpress

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Andy B.L.C. wrote:Not that I'll ever be in this end of the Lambretta world...

But from where I am, in the gutter drooling at the stars...

I'd wait some before spunking big bucks... Looks like there's gonna be some serious up & coming British contenders I.T.A. soonish... ;)

Well said, though the sentiment may prove not to be British.

Probably the SST kits & various other set ups available from Europe are the ultimate, quite civilised alternatives to lashing on your own choice of improved cylinder, though I believe there is still life in the traditional cases, albeit with necessary upgrades.

That said, I too think that something else will come along.

Max Quattrini has set the bar high & that is just with small blocks. His innovative concept verifies to my mind that other kit manufacturers need to return to the drawing board simply because he was not bound by convention. The cylinder geometry simply places the inlet where he wanted, rather than on the right side of the frame, compromising other components. The fact that his engine works incredibly well is unquestionable. Simply put, he thought about things with a blank sheet of paper & proved that a kit can work incredibly well without chopping off the battery tray, without a cylinder spigot & with a cheap as chips crankcase. You simply have to factor in the 'case savings to make any comparison with other kits with similar performance, IMO.

If MQ doesn't produce a derivative to suit the large block, somebody else will. (Possibly the cylinder studs will not be through, as is the way that Charlie Edmond's went with the kit he had a hand in, so there is another option to add to the mix)

If I had the choice, that's where my money would go.

On a large block, fan cooled, LH inlet reed valve kit with oodles of torque as well as power.

I cannot be alone in my thinking & believe it to just be a question of time.....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby ULC Soulagent » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:15 pm

shamrockexpress wrote:I really think it comes down to the fact of how much 10k means to you.....if you have slogged your guts out all your life and have a few quid over and above family needs stashed away with nothing else to spend it on then why not, after all it looks nicer than a painting hanging up in the hallway!!!!!!!!
I would buy the full package but only after i fly out to rimini and getting that good looking chick that mechanics there take me 2s up for a test RIDE!!!!!!!! :D :D :D and then let her convince me why it was the ride of my life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ULC Soulagent

Next

Return to Tuning & Kits