LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

CasaSST265

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: CasaSST265

Postby ULC Soulagent » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:28 pm

I haven’t ridden either the full fat and semi version but a few club members have taken the plunge. One took his over(full fat) to Spain Euro and sitting with us in the group during around 55-60 mph It ran like a bucket of bolts( He wasn’t impressed). The other lad has the semi fat model and he loves it having the touring expansion fitted( snapped it already due too link slots seizing up and replaced under Warranty. The other fella has both the full & semi fat at his disposal which he agrees are like night n day on power delivery. Again his full fat protti zorst snapped due too the last reason explained :?
Would I buy one if I had that type of cash laying around :?: No as I’d spend it on a 2005 Gsxr1000K5 :lol:
ULC Soulagent

Re: CasaSST265 hi

Postby ROClarke » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:03 pm

Where did you get £10k from ?
ROClarke

Re: CasaSST265 hi

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:50 am

ROClarke wrote:Where did you get £10k from ?

Probably added interest from the bank loan ;)
ULC Soulagent

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Had fully expected the op to have had his short video of him passing the nearest police station on one wheel dishing out a one finger salute by now :lol:
Psychedelicropcircle

Postby Toddy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Psychedelicropcircle wrote:Had fully expected the op to have had his short video of him passing the nearest police station on one wheel dishing out a one finger salute by now :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Toddy

Postby ROClarke » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Could not resist the 10% off offer.
You only live twice !
ROClarke

Postby Toddy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:59 am

ROClarke wrote:Could not resist the 10% off offer.
You only live twice !

Nice one :D what's it going in ?
Toddy

Postby ROClarke » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:36 am

Toddy wrote:
ROClarke wrote:Could not resist the 10% off offer.
You only live twice !

Nice one :D what's it going in ?

Itialan DL 200 and a TS1 is coming out.
ROClarke

Postby nickw » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:40 pm

You will love it. Are you fitting it yourself or getting another to do it? What carb and exhaust are you putting on. I have the 30mil dellorto with the power pipe. It absolutely flies. I had some issues fitting a rear brake cable that fitted properly and the string I had been using kept snapping. I was looking forward to travelling abroad with it but you know the story there lol
nickw

Postby ROClarke » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:51 pm

nickw wrote:You will love it. Are you fitting it yourself or getting another to do it? What carb and exhaust are you putting on. I have the 30mil dellorto with the power pipe. It absolutely flies. I had some issues fitting a rear brake cable that fitted properly and the string I had been using kept snapping. I was looking forward to travelling abroad with it but you know the story there lol

I have initially ordered the 34 mm delorto and the performance pipe but reading sticky’s report at the time he felt it was over carbed and the pipe was not right.I think that RLC are still developing the motor,so I will be having discussions with them I guess nearer to delivery date.
I intend fitting it myself but will take it to Russ at Lincs Lambretta to set it up on his dyno.He is a very genuine guy and will tell me what it is putting out in the way of power.
Thanks for mentioning the rear brake cable issue I will look out for it.
Are the speed claims achievable?
ROClarke

Postby nickw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:43 pm

I'll try and put my dyno graph up later. 99.4 mph (I managed GPS 84mph on the road before shi**ing myself)) torque around 45. Remember this is with the 30mil. The pipe sort of takes it out the touring bracket. I find it so much fun overtaking, hits the power band and beats most cars and a fair few bikes. I'm an idiot at heart. It did take some getting used to compared to my TS1.
A good move to dyno it.
nickw

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:55 pm

ROClarke wrote:
nickw wrote:You will love it. Are you fitting it yourself or getting another to do it? What carb and exhaust are you putting on. I have the 30mil dellorto with the power pipe. It absolutely flies. I had some issues fitting a rear brake cable that fitted properly and the string I had been using kept snapping. I was looking forward to travelling abroad with it but you know the story there lol

I have initially ordered the 34 mm delorto and the performance pipe but reading sticky’s report at the time he felt it was over carbed and the pipe was not right.I think that RLC are still developing the motor,so I will be having discussions with them I guess nearer to delivery date.
I intend fitting it myself but will take it to Russ at Lincs Lambretta to set it up on his dyno.He is a very genuine guy and will tell me what it is putting out in the way of power.

I would advise you to keep an open mind about carburation :)

Having flung a filtered PWK 34 on an extensively ported TS 70 x 60 with jetting guestimate, the owner & I were amazed @ the performance.

As the owner supplied a VHSB 34 LD, I feel almost reluctant to fit that, though I know it is a very capable carburettor.

It would be interesting to see the results of a comparison of your engine on a dyno & I could lend blueprinted PWK's in 30 & (possibly!) 34 sizes if you are interested :?: In fact, I would happily attend the session with a box of bits but would need to verify inlet spigot sizes to research connections. As I have a number of the sleeves, I could probably cover it, though when necessary can create stepped rubbers etc
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby ROClarke » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 pm

nickw wrote:I'll try and put my dyno graph up later. 99.4 mph (I managed GPS 84mph on the road before shi**ing myself)) torque around 45. Remember this is with the 30mil. The pipe sort of takes it out the touring bracket. I find it so much fun overtaking, hits the power band and beats most cars and a fair few bikes. I'm an idiot at heart. It did take some getting used to compared to my TS1.
A good move to dyno it.

Sounds great,I am the same when it comes to speed !
There are a lot of Harley's where I live,I would love to see their faces when a scooter goes past them.
The touring aspect is not really a problem as potentially I could use my small bore 200 for that.
ROClarke

Postby ROClarke » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote:
ROClarke wrote:

I would advise you to keep an open mind about carburation :)

Having flung a filtered PWK 34 on an extensively ported TS 70 x 60 with jetting guestimate, the owner & I were amazed @ the performance.

As the owner supplied a VHSB 34 LD, I feel almost reluctant to fit that, though I know it is a very capable carburettor.

It would be interesting to see the results of a comparison of your engine on a dyno & I could lend blueprinted PWK's in 30 & (possibly!) 34 sizes if you are interested :?: In fact, I would happily attend the session with a box of bits but would need to verify inlet spigot sizes to research connections. As I have a number of the sleeves, I could probably cover it, though when necessary can create stepped rubbers etc[/quote
Thanks for the offer,I will definitely bear it in mind in February which is RLC delivery date.
ROClarke

Postby nickw » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Here you go dyno graph as said
nickw

Postby ROClarke » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:33 pm

I hope mine looks like that when Dynoed.
I spoke to Micky today and the engine is going to be ready a lot sooner than I expected,like next week.
Will my AF rim fit the Casa hub or do I need to order a different wheel ?
ROClarke

Postby nickw » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:14 pm

No, the Hub is an octopus type with 8 holes. You will need a Casa rim. Not sure anyone else yet makes the correct rims to fit this hub. Good Luck, IM sent
nickw

Postby dscscotty » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:45 pm

You can take 4 off the studs out and run it as a 4 stud, so AF rim may well be ok
dscscotty

Postby Fast n Furious » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:56 pm

Yes. A nice graph is that, and depending on what weight yer carrying, it should easily perform well with some taller overall gearing if ya fancy the 100+
Fast n Furious

Postby Knowledge » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:32 am

nickw wrote:I'll try and put my dyno graph up later. 99.4 mph (I managed GPS 84mph on the road before shi**ing myself)) torque around 45.

Hi Nick. I think you are mis-reading the torque figure. Now we can see your dyno, the torque looks to be about 24-25ftlbs. That is still a great figure, but I think you should have been reading the lower curves on the graph for the torque.

Enjoy
Knowledge

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning & Kits