LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Loss of power

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Loss of power

Postby Specialcase » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:37 pm

Hi all
Riding my BGM RT195 VAPE & 25mm Dell’Orto the power reduces rapidly (almost dies) as I get to full chat, it almost cuts out until I ease off then it picks up again this is repeated all the time.
Is there a simple solution that I could sort out with my limited knowledge & tool kit (a Swiss Army Knife & my MB plug spanner)?
TIA
Spl
Specialcase

Re: Loss of power

Postby dscscotty » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:54 pm

Presuming the jetting is correct it sounds like its fuel starving, make sure you have adequate fuel flow from tap, fuel line and the fuel/needle flow valve within the carb is big enough, also check the fuel cap is breathing, as it could be vacuumimg
dscscotty

Postby dickie » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:33 am

I once had this same issue caused by fitting the baffle in the float bowl upside down.

Ran fine unless I held WOT for more than a few seconds.
dickie

Postby Covboy » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:16 am

Dickie - out of interest which way up is the correct way for the baffle?
Covboy

Postby coaster » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:09 pm

Covboy wrote:Dickie - out of interest which way up is the correct way for the baffle?

The open side faces down
coaster

Postby Fast n Furious » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Specialcase wrote:Hi all
Riding my BGM RT195 VAPE & 25mm Dell’Orto the power reduces rapidly (almost dies) as I get to full chat, it almost cuts out until I ease off then it picks up again this is repeated all the time.
Is there a simple solution that I could sort out with my limited knowledge & tool kit (a Swiss Army Knife & my MB plug spanner)?
TIA
Spl

Is your engine a "new build" or the bike a recent aquisition or did it used to run ok but has recently developed these symptoms?
Fast n Furious

Return to Tuning & Kits