LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Getting the best from an Indian GP 200

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Getting the best from an Indian GP 200

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:53 pm

So obviously a rebuild with seals/bearings etc

But would porting/polishing etc achieve much?
It's very much an old school build using 30mm delly and 48mm Vw reverse cone exhaust.

Please discuss
SlackerThePinstriper

Re: Getting the best from an Indian GP 200

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:54 pm

Obviously "porting/polishing etc" could achieve an awful lot, bearing in mind that prior to the introduction of kit cylinders into BSSO Group Four, 25 BHP was the norm. Virtually all were fan cooled ;)

There must be loads of such top ends laying about unused, in which case, the hard work will have been done. You could do worse than post in the 'Wanted' section. I know of one ex-race scooter locally that is as reliable as any other road scooter, even with it's (proper) flat slide Dell'Orto & a nicely muffled ex-race exhaust. Possibly one of the ultimate street sleepers with a massive grin factor.

As you must surely be upgrading the crankshaft, a longer stroke would enable the softening of the tune if the above concept scares you :P
Warkton Tornado No.1

Re: Getting the best from an Indian GP 200

Postby Bilko » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:47 am

I went back to iron on mine. But not after sending it off to DSC Scotty for a bit of magic. I love it. With a LTH Reed valve, 30mm Dellorto and an Avanti And x Box it flies. Last summer I put a 5 Speed on and I absolutely love it. In favourable conditions it can go over 70. fuel consumption isn’t bad either.
Bilko

Return to Tuning & Kits