LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Varitronic /bgm regulator

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Varitronic /bgm regulator

Postby a-teamlambretta » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Are the Varitronic regulators and the Bgm ones the same thing? I.e bgm used as a replacement for a Varitronic one?

Cheers Simon
a-teamlambretta

Re: Varitronic /bgm regulator

Postby Wack » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:51 pm

You should be ok to use the BGM one as long as you wire it as the instructions state.I've often used moped regs picked up secondhand off Ebay.
Wack

Postby GExS » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Yes, I’ve bought them from a Honda SA as they are the same. Also, searching around on eBay, you can buy them directly from China for £5 including shipping!
GExS

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:16 pm

Im struggling to get any life from it...ive used a battery with everything disconected from the regulator. Battery conected to brown from loom at reg end all lights and brake Light working (had to remove one of the wires at the brake switch). But no joy when conected to regulator.. Im not using a battery so wont need the trickle charge.

Cheers Simon
a-teamlambretta

Postby MickYork » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:34 am

you need to check you're getting voltage into the regulator, which is a very variable AC voltage.
MickYork

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:51 am

Will have a go this morning... Presume i just put the wire to earth from the stator to see if it earths ?
Cheers Simon
a-teamlambretta

Return to Tuning & Kits