LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Avanti reed or no reed

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Avanti reed or no reed

Postby corrado » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:54 pm

I would say "watch this space" as I've just trimmed the fins on my Avanti barrel to fit an LTH reed valve kit, but my pace of works means it might not be finished until the end of the decade. The Avanti is new so I have no previous running to take into account but when I fitted the same reed kit on my Mugello 225 kit the engine was transformed for the better. I'm hoping for more of the same on the Avanti.
I'm looking at using a Wossner RB 70mm piston to suit a 60 x 116 crank (30mm crown height piston) the crown shape is the same as the Avanti piston so should be a straight swap, LTH reed valve kit, 27 or 30mm Mikuni TMX carb (27 works great on my Mugello). I won't touch the barrel at this stage as I didn't with the Mugello. Mated to an Avanti ST exbox, AF 5 speed with 4.5 final drive. I trimmed as much "excess" as I could from the manifold and so had very little finage area to remove on the barrel.

The only answer I have to "Why?" is "Why not?" .... it beats climbing mountains.
corrado

Re: Avanti reed or no reed

Postby shamrockexpress » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:03 am

Interesting :D
shamrockexpress

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits