LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

RB LTH manifold

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

RB LTH manifold

Postby lou » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:51 am

Hi wondering if anybody come across this problem !

RB25 with LTH manifold push the carb back bit further , however there’s no room for back brake cable
To pass through , can’t see any other way to reroute it , Bit stuffed on what to do !
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
lou

Re: RB LTH manifold

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:20 pm

You could pay the Earth for a slightly longer 'Lambretta specific' cable assembly or use an extended top hat to fit the crankcase. That's the usual cure by looping the cable over or under the obstruction.

Or, you could acquire an even longer car handbrake cable & route under the crankcase before curving up to the lever & operate that via the 'reverse pull' principle. Having often utilised old car handbrake cables, they are always nylon lined & usually have a long M6 threaded portion on one end. I've never had to resort to looping under but have seen the method on sidecar racers so know it works well in quickly retarding high speed, heavy three wheelers two-up :idea:
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby lou » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:53 pm

Thanks .. not quite sure how to route underneath engine , I suppose I could cut the outer shorter to point where it meets
Mainifold then go bare cable or some kind thin sleeve , there is very small gap though manifold ,, what pain pity they tell you this after £115 later ! .
lou

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:56 pm

The other way of allowing for the cable assembly to follow the conventional route as much as possible is to use a steel tube in place of the top hat to act as a very extended top hat. I've resorted to this in the past & used an old VW Beetle push rod, though I guess a cut down front fork spring push rod might perform the same function.....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:32 am

Storkfoot

Postby lou » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:29 am

Thanks
lou

Return to Tuning & Kits