LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Temprature Gauges with no battery problem

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Temprature Gauges with no battery problem

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 pm

I find the reaction time very quick and for info mine runs at about 160 - 170 degrees Farenheit. If it is under load it has shown 194 degrees F but wringing the throttle wide open brings it down. That tells me jetting is safe !
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby coaster » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 am

Scooterlam wrote:the sky drive analogue type are self powering.

Nearly all temp gauges are self powering as they use the K type probes. The external power is usually required for the back lights
coaster

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Storkfoot wrote:I’ve just bought the Koso one from SIP. I specifically bought that as the connection is compatible with screwing into an AF Mammoth cylinder head. Somewhere along the way, I missed the salient point that it is DC battery supplied :roll:

Yes, you guessed it, I’m AC. So, are the options for me (i ) the Koso converter mentioned in the post above from Wack and (ii) the Intelliconverter?

Update:

Purchased Intelliconverter and wired it all up. No life from gauge but power getting through and continuity checks all okay.

Went out and bought new battery for the gauge itself. Now have a backlight but still no working gauge. The question begs itself as to why the battery supplied was as dead as a dodo.

Now suspect the sensor and, yes, I can see that somewhere in installing it, I have fractured it on the thread part whilst screwing it into the cylinder head.
Storkfoot

Postby coaster » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Storkfoot wrote:...Now suspect the sensor and, yes, I can see that somewhere in installing it, I have fractured it on the thread part whilst screwing it into the cylinder head.

Very easily done been through a few myself:oops:
coaster

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:38 pm

The sensors are deceptive. They look sturdy but as you can see from this photograph, in reality the wiring is inside and there’s little metal between the wires and the thread. Best order a couple of spares too.

Storkfoot

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits