LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gori exhaust coming loose

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Gori exhaust coming loose

Postby TS1-200 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:08 pm

Have an RT195/200 fitted BGM 60/110 crank with a Gori 50 exhaust, trouble is it keeps coming loose anyone else experiencing this, whats the answer, not enough room to fit the tall nuts that you can wire up, was thinking about welding metal to the fixing flange so getting an extra 2 mountings as per the MB/BGM big bore would this be possible, doin my head in
TS1-200

Re: Gori exhaust coming loose

Postby a.lo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:08 pm

is the manifold flange perfectly flat? or are the fins stopping the manifold sitting flush. I addressed both these problems and never had a gasket blow or manifold loosen again, which used to happen.
a.lo

Postby Scooterdude » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Are you using the MB type brass M7 exhaust lock nuts? Shouldn't cause any problems if you are and tighten them once from new.
Failing that a dab of locktite 243 should get it sorted.
Scooterdude

Postby Psychedelicropcircle » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Bear in mind that the gori has a fixed sharks fin & was most likely designed on a 58/107 crank.
Psychedelicropcircle

Postby bike grim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 pm

I’m running a Gori 50 sport ( TS1 header) on my 283 with a longer rod, 62 stroke crank and packer. It’s a bit tight getting it on and special care is need to get a spanner on the nut under the bend but it does all line up. Whilst it is modified to a degree none of the mounting positions have changed. I’ve had it for years and used it on a Rapido previously and never had a problem with it coming loose. I use normal m7 nuts and spring washed rather than brass.
bike grim

Postby Leotech » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:03 am

I've got a GP50 exhaust and over the winter I am going to modify it to use a slip joint stub manifold.

Its a chore as the U bend is constantly coming loose, its not a bad fit but it's not perfect and with the vibration etc. its always needing nipping up.

The extra slip joint will mean I get more tolerance on the fit as well, and its easier to whip the pipe off for servicing etc.
Leotech

Postby martyn dwane » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 pm

chain tensioner tab washer, cut the two round bits off,fit under the nut ,bend the tab, one on the nut side one on to the exhaust flange, as recomended by taffspeed so many years ago. use this method on my Mikec.
martyn dwane

Postby bike grim » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Leotech wrote:I've got a GP50 exhaust and over the winter I am going to modify it to use a slip joint stub manifold.

Its a chore as the U bend is constantly coming loose, its not a bad fit but it's not perfect and with the vibration etc. its always needing nipping up.

The extra slip joint will mean I get more tolerance on the fit as well, and its easier to whip the pipe off for servicing etc.

Did you ever do this modification? Interested to see the result
bike grim

Postby peejay » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:03 pm

martyn dwane wrote:chain tensioner tab washer, cut the two round bits off,fit under the nut ,bend the tab, one on the nut side one on to the exhaust flange, as recomended by taffspeed so many years ago. use this method on my Mikec.

what a brill idea, next time an exhaust nut gives me grief i know what to do 8-)
peejay

Postby Leotech » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 am

I eventually modified my GP50 Gori exhaust to use a slip joint manifold off a Franspeed pipe and reduced the first half of the U bend to 42mm, It adds that bit of movement and it's never come loose. Its easier to put on and take off and it also made the power a bit more flexible.

I'd post a photo but I don't know how to.

Ill try and take some later. Changing the front sprocket today.
Leotech

Postby Leotech » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 am

bike grim wrote:
Leotech wrote:I've got a GP50 exhaust and over the winter I am going to modify it to use a slip joint stub manifold.

Did you ever do this modification? Interested to see the result

I've taken some photos but cant post them. its too complicated.
Leotech

Postby Leotech » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 am

Eventually worked it out!

Franspeed stub mount conversion on GP50 pipe. First half of the U bend is 42mm.

Leotech

Postby HxPaul » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 am

I use longer studs with a split washer (spring washer),the standard brass nuts(round side towards the washer)and an ordinary nut behind that as a locking nut.I have three scooters and I've done this with all of them and I haven't had one come loose.
Last edited by HxPaul on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HxPaul

Postby Scooterdude » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:53 am

Im using an MB 4 bolt flange welded to a DT modified TSR stub and four lock washers with four brass exhaust nuts, never had a problem but i think the trick is to only use/tighten the nuts once.
Scooterdude

Return to Tuning & Kits