LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Max Quattrini 210 kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Max Quattrini 210 kit

Postby holty » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:04 pm

martin at chiselspeed can build you a crank to what ever spec you want, top man.
holty

Postby Scooterdude » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Raveydavey wrote:Cheers fellas.

I'm running Li150 with 47 crown wheel and 18 sprocket. Martin@CST recommended that for this particular tune and I have to say it feels spot on so far.

I'm doing the coast to coast on this bike, after that ill give you a full report. Feel free to look me up if you're there too. I had originally hoped that I'd be run in by mid April so I could get the final set up done by CST on the way up there. But given life keeps getting in the way, I doubt I'll have the miles done. We'll see. It seems mighty fine añyway. :D

Well it was quite entertaining at first but all this horse shite regards LCGB VS BLOA is grinding us all down now, so can you please post an update on this kit please and give us all something NEW to focus on, im interested to know what you think regarding fuel consumption for a start!
Scooterdude

Postby MickYork » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:27 pm

How many miles do you have to do to run it in ?

I thought it was a plated barrel and 50 miles for the rings was enough ?
MickYork

Postby Raveydavey » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 pm

So I've done just over 200 miles and filled up twice, once at about 85 miles and the next at 150. 9 litres each time,

I put in a 5 litre jerry can to get me started. So it's about 45mpg at the moment. I'll be putting in a stack of miles this weekend so will update you after that.

It's running rich, which I hope to get leaned off on the way up to C2C. I also expect it'll get better mpg as it gets more run in.

Run in period = 500 miles
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:13 pm

I should also add something about performance. The fun really does start at just over 5k revs which means I've got to hit near 60 in 3rd (which it does with ease) to stay in the power when I change to 4th. Feels awesome...Major grin maker!

Although I just don't quite have the power to build speed in 4th under say 55. It's ok on absolute flat or downhill of course. Gearing is tall and the barrel very slightly tuned.
Raveydavey

Postby Solid Air » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Glad to hear it's going well so far, the mpg looks promising :)
Solid Air

Postby Nudger » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:29 am

Nice one Dave - I can just see you riding up and down the A14 with a grin on your mug
Nudger

Postby corrado » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Raveydavey wrote:I should also add something about performance. The fun really does start at just over 5k revs which means I've got to hit near 60 in 3rd (which it does with ease) to stay in the power when I change to 4th. Feels awesome...Major grin maker!

Although I just don't quite have the power to build speed in 4th under say 55. It's ok on absolute flat or downhill of course. Gearing is tall and the barrel very slightly tuned.

Hmmm, that'll make my choice of Gori 4 speed box interesting as I want to gear it to do (in theory) over 90 in 4th (for sprinting), that means close to 50 in 1st and over 60 in 2nd ..... I think it might want to throw me off the back. All I need now is the get the ***kin* exhaust to fit.
corrado

Postby Raveydavey » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:22 am

corrado wrote: Hmmm, that'll make my choice of Gori 4 speed box interesting as I want to gear it to do (in theory) over 90 in 4th (for sprinting), that means close to 50 in 1st and over 60 in 2nd ..... I think it might want to throw me off the back. All I need now is the get the ***kin* exhaust to fit.

I'd expect you to have no problem hitting 90. I'm expecting to top out around 85 on this motor with this pipe CST 10 (touring/road) . The CST race pipe would let it rev more, so would be in the 90s.
Raveydavey

Postby corrado » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Raveydavey wrote:
corrado wrote: Hmmm, that'll make my choice of Gori 4 speed box interesting as I want to gear it to do (in theory) over 90 in 4th (for sprinting), that means close to 50 in 1st and over 60 in 2nd ..... I think it might want to throw me off the back. All I need now is the get the ***kin* exhaust to fit.

I'd expect you to have no problem hitting 90. I'm expecting to top out around 85 on this motor with this pipe CST 10 (touring/road) . The CST race pipe would let it rev more, so would be in the 90s.

The fun factor will be letting the clutch out off the line at enough revs without stalling or wheelying it. 19 x 47 on the Gori gives 4.56 in 4th and it'll only need 9,000 rpm to ON PAPER hit the magic ton.
corrado

Postby Raveydavey » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:51 pm

corrado wrote:The fun factor will be letting the clutch out off the line at enough revs without stalling or wheelying it. 19 x 47 on the Gori gives 4.56 in 4th and it'll only need 9,000 rpm to ON PAPER hit the magic ton.

WOW! :shock: Goodluck with that.

Regarding my last feedback on power: bear with me, I've never had a motor built for me before but I'm now getting used to the 'super-safe-running-in -set up'. Half to full throttle is really rich and very noticeable if I try to open it up from low revs. (It's all booked in for next Friday for final set up so looking forward to that). However to my earlier comment about needing to hit 60 to keep in the power; that turned out to be related to my hamfisted throttle action. I was giving it too much fist before the revs were high enough to handle the flow of fuel; it was effectively bogging down and therefore losing speed, so I'd need to drop back to 3rd. If I go steady and open the throttle slowly I can get in to 4th at around 55 to 57 and gently turn up the heat. So its not on to half throttle until I'm back in the power band; then it pulls really nicely. I was up to 70 today with loads left. :P Still running in so trying to take it easy :lol:

The issue with it being rich past half throttle, when I get to a hill unless the revs are already up it bogs and I lose speed, and have to drop to 3rd. It's technically the same issue, I'm giong on to 3/4 throttle when the engine isnt turning fast enough to burn the fuel. (bogging).

I'll give an update after C2C. Then it'll be all run in, fully set up and had plenty of hills to contend with.

I'm sure there are plenty of readers of this, thinking 'bloody rookie', this is probably normal for a pro built tuned engine. But like I say in the past I've always built my own; none of which were anything like this.

Also correction on my fuel figures from before. I filled up again today and again with 9 liters. When I do the maths is actually works out at 39.5 MPG. Sorry if all I'm doing is confusing you all here.

And finally, I was cruising along a duel carriage way today doing between 65 to 70 thinking, 'this is bloody marvelous'! Grinning from ear to ear.
Raveydavey

Postby bike grim » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Raveydavey wrote:
corrado wrote:The fun factor will be letting the clutch out off the line at enough revs without stalling or wheelying it. 19 x 47 on the Gori gives 4.56 in 4th and it'll only need 9,000 rpm to ON PAPER hit the magic ton.

WOW! :shock: Goodluck with that.

Regarding my last feedback on power: bear with me, I've never had a motor built for me before but I'm now getting used to the 'super-safe-running-in -set up'. Half to full throttle is really rich and very noticeable if I try to open it up from low revs. (It's all booked in for next Friday for final set up so looking forward to that). However to my earlier comment about needing to hit 60 to keep in the power; that turned out to be related to my hamfisted throttle action. I was giving it too much fist before the revs were high enough to handle the flow of fuel; it was effectively bogging down and therefore losing speed, so I'd need to drop back to 3rd. If I go steady and open the throttle slowly I can get in to 4th at around 55 to 57 and gently turn up the heat. So its not on to half throttle until I'm back in the power band; then it pulls really nicely. I was up to 70 today with loads left. :P Still running in so trying to take it easy :lol:

And finally, I was cruising along a duel carriage way today doing between 65 to 70 thinking, 'this is bloody marvelous'! Grinning from ear to ear.

Sounds great
bike grim

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Might have to get a full time job... (OUCH!) Time being more precious than money v's a bonkers small block, not totally daft mpg (pls keep the facts coming ta!), set up might be worth compromising for YIKES... ;)
Andy B.L.C.

Postby corrado » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:51 pm

Raveydavey wrote:
I'm running Li150 with 47 crown wheel and 18 sprocket. Martin@CST recommended that for this particular tune and I have to say it feels spot on so far.

Wow, that's TV200 top gear 4.44 and still pulls well from low revs. Excellent.
corrado

Postby corrado » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:46 am

Chis has built a group 6 scooter for BSSO this season, Quattrini with 35 bhp, revving over 9K.

https://www.facebook.com/Chiselspeed/ph ... =3&theater
corrado

Postby Raveydavey » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Andy B.L.C. wrote:Might have to get a full time job... (OUCH!) Time being more precious than money v's a bonkers small block, not totally daft mpg (pls keep the facts coming ta!), set up might be worth compromising for YIKES... ;)

YIKES..Lol. We'll see after next Friday how close to YIKES it is. (love that description BTW :lol: ) ....I can appreciate it might look like I've got all the time in the world...If only. Work really does get in the way...not working tomorrow though. Loads of Quattrini miles on the cards :D
Raveydavey

Postby Solid Air » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:26 pm

Andy B.L.C. wrote:Might have to get a full time job... (OUCH!) Time being more precious than money v's a bonkers small block, not totally daft mpg (pls keep the facts coming ta!), set up might be worth compromising for YIKES... ;)

Full-time job?

Steady on Andy :lol:
Solid Air

Postby Raveydavey » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Enjoying the sun today. Figured as I was at 250 miles it was time for some A road action. Managed another 150 miles, cruising in the mid to high 60s for most of it. Took it up to high 70s a few times and the motor was singing. It feels right in the power at 75 although I could see the CHT temp rising a bit too quickly for comfort, so only went there for brief bursts. I'm still getting used to it. It's probably fine but I'd rather get through to next Friday's dyno unscathed and can then ask Martin about that.

Average fuel consumption today was 37
Raveydavey

Postby Nudger » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm

I had the honour of taking this beauty for a spin up my country lane when Dave popped in for a coffee yesterday.
It is simply stunning: the engine at tick over feels calm and collected but when you crack it open in second it's like switching on a light, the power delivery is that instant.
Snicking into third & you can feel how rich it is if the revs aren't spot on, but the power band is soon found and the 'fourth dimension' comes into view as the countryside flashes past in a blur.
Can't tell you about top gear as I never got that far! Overall though, I was really impressed with how easy & smooth it felt to ride - sublime.

Thanks Dave, really appreciate you throwing me the keys...now where's that Lotto ticket?
Nudger

Postby Watfordwhite » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:46 pm

I did take the CST demo bike out. That sold me. We're getting there, the S1 now away for blasting and primer etch. I hope to have this complete and on the road by the end of the year. DVLA allowing.
Watfordwhite

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning & Kits