LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Max Quattrini 210 kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Max Quattrini 210 kit

Postby Watfordwhite » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Sounds great, just a shame you can't get it out on the road now.
Can you show a picture of how much you had to cut out of the rear floor board please?
May change my mind about the pipe!
Watfordwhite

Postby Nudger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 pm

'Oh yeah' indeed: you've got so much done so quickly Dave - she's looking good!
Nudger

Postby Raveydavey » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 pm

Watfordwhite wrote: ...Can you show a picture of how much you had to cut out of the rear floor board please?
May change my mind about the pipe!
will do. Took it a bit straight across rather than a nice curve, not sure why I did that... it's not too bad a job though. I'll take a picture on Wednesday
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:14 am

Nudger wrote:'Oh yeah' indeed: you've got so much done so quickly Dave - she's looking good!

Cheers Nigel. Nothing like pressure from the forum to stimulate motivation. :lol:
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Yesterday I got the last few snags sorted, cables hooked up ready to rock. took Rusty (as she is now affectionately known) outside, fired up (still puts a big grin on my face just to hear it tick over) and then it started pouring with rain. Soooo bloody frustrating. I’m not normally a lightweight to weather but figured the inaugural shake down ride in heavy rain would not be sensible.

Today was perfect weather but sadly had to hotfoot down to Heathrow for a 2 week trip. So she is all dressed up, ready to rock ( that is except for a Reg...still waiting).

Anyway what I can feedback:

Timing: no idea what CST set it to but get kick back on kicking it if I’m not ‘positive ‘ enough. Suggests the map is super advanced. Feels like huge compression but guess that might just be because it’s a tight new motor.

Exhaust: if noticed ‘leakage’ on the stub joint. Closer inspection showed it wasn’t fully seated. Reason for this; fowling on the head cowel. I resolved to take it off, paint it (as it was starting to rust), and refit it which I was able to do at a slightly different angle. It now doesn’t foul and it sits better on the stub (with a good measurement of silicone to be safe). Only minor point, the tail pipe bracket is now at a minor angle instead of straight ( who cares right?) and the cut out on the runner (which I still owe a picture of) is bigger than it needs to be. ‘Shrugs shoulders ‘

Anyway you’re going to have to wait 2 weeks before I can start putting in miles and providing feedback back. Frustrating is a major understatement but it will be worth it, I hope.

P.s wrote this on my small phone screen while waiting for a plane so please forgive any major autocorrect errors. I can’t check until I’ve hit send.
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:40 pm

Got back to Blighty yesterday and finally got to go out on the road today. initial impression, AWESOME :D :D :D

Pulls away from standstill at low revs. Enough torque to ride up through the gears and sit at low revs through the streets. Didn't need to change down going up hill. Apart from the super sound coming from the CST 10 and that feeling a tight new motor has, it didn't seem a million miles from my RT230. It doesn't need loads of fist to pull away, cruising the streets can be done in 3rd and it seems to flatten hills (note:they are not so steep round our way).

I could not resist giving the throttle a little squeeze, and the response was superb. As soon as it comes in the power it is super grin time. :D :D

money well spent. I'm still smiling as I type this.
Raveydavey

Postby Solid Air » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Excellent! Well chuffed for you Ravey Davey, sounds great :D 8-)
Solid Air

Postby bike grim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Brilliant news..
bike grim

Postby bike grim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:26 pm

See Darrell Taylor has had his Hands on a kit according to scootering magazine and using 61mm stroke crank and his porting achieved 39.6 BHP and 28ftlb torque. Doesn’t say what pipe he used but I reckon this is going to be a popular kit using up all those small block casings
bike grim

Postby Solid Air » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:35 pm

:o flippin' eck!
Solid Air

Postby Solid Air » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Davey, what gearbox are you running?
Solid Air

Postby Raveydavey » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:04 pm

Cheers fellas.

I'm running Li150 with 47 crown wheel and 18 sprocket. Martin@CST recommended that for this particular tune and I have to say it feels spot on so far.

I'm doing the coast to coast on this bike, after that ill give you a full report. Feel free to look me up if you're there too. I had originally hoped that I'd be run in by mid April so I could get the final set up done by CST on the way up there. But given life keeps getting in the way, I doubt I'll have the miles done. We'll see. It seems mighty fine añyway. :D
Raveydavey

Postby Solid Air » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Raveydavey wrote:I'm doing the coast to coast on this bike, after that ill give you a full report. Feel free to look me up if you're there too. I had originally hoped that I'd be run in by mid April so I could get the final set up done by CST on the way up there. But given life keeps getting in the way, I doubt I'll have the miles done. We'll see. It seems mighty fine añyway. :D

CST are going to be busy then, was hoping to drop in and take their bike out for a quick spin weather permitting, on the way up to the C2C :)

Good luck getting some mileage on the clock.

Mark
Last edited by Solid Air on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solid Air

Postby Bilko » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:22 pm

Raveydavey wrote:Cheers fellas.

I'm running Li150 with 47 crown wheel and 18 sprocket. Martin@CST recommended that for this particular tune and I have to say it feels spot on so far.

I'm doing the coast to coast on this bike, after that ill give you a full report. Feel free to look me up if you're there too. I had originally hoped that I'd be run in by mid April so I could get the final set up done by CST on the way up there. But given life keeps getting in the way, I doubt I'll have the miles done. We'll see. It seems mighty fine añyway. :D

Excellent, enjoy it!

Looking forward to hearing more. including fuel efficiency.
Bilko

Postby Nudger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:27 am

Nice one Dave - sounds like you'll be doing alot of hanging around waiting for me on my standard 150!
Nudger

Postby corrado » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I need to get mine built. Martin reckons with the CST10 it should pull TV200 gearing. 4.44 in 4th. If I can get it to rev to 8000 rpm that equates to over 90mph. I've had my casing welded and opened up the transfers. I'll stick to a 58 x 116 crank for now as it means no base packer required.

Reading how well it pulls from nothing makes me wonder if it'll pull the Gori V4 gearbox first gear which can give over 40mph in first with the right gearing plus the CST race exhaust for sprinting. In theory it's get close to the magic number, in practice it may require more revs to get it off the line than I can handle. :oops:
corrado

Postby Solid Air » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:22 pm

What crank are you using Corrado? Doesn't seem to be too many options available. The AF RB20 looks good at about £230, Mazzuchelli & Tameni around £130 but are they up to it? Anything else costs a lot more.

Thanks, Mark
Solid Air

Postby corrado » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Solid Air wrote:What crank are you using Corrado? Doesn't seem to be too many options available. The AF RB20 looks good at about £230, Mazzuchelli & Tameni around £130 but are they up to it? Anything else costs a lot more.

Thanks, Mark

AF do a 58mm version of this crank. http://www.afrayspeed.co.uk/index.php?p ... buteID=CRR
I think the 58 is around £200.
Harry Barlow will build you one or put a Jap 116 rod in your crank. You'd need to speak to Harry about the cost on that one.
Chiselspeed used a 58 x 117 in their first build. Forget what the 117 rod was from, you'd need to ask Martin at Chisel that. I presume that needs a 1mm base packer.
corrado

Postby bike grim » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:02 pm

The 117 rod was from a KTM
bike grim

Postby Solid Air » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks Corrado, think I'll look at either the AFR crank or get one made up when I get to that point.
Solid Air

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning & Kits