LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Max Quattrini 210 kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Max Quattrini 210 kit

Postby bike grim » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:17 am

If it’s like the smallframe Quattrini top ends they always have a little “step”
in the base of the transfers that you can remove (Dremel) if you want to open them up a bit. I agree though it’s probably not worth it. I wouldn’t mind the chance of offering up my TV175 casing to that barrel Martin if you’re open to that? Just to check and see if it would work without welding
bike grim

Postby Raveydavey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 pm

I talked to the Chisel speed guys yesterday at the Newark bike jumble thingy. They were adamant there is no issue fitting these to Italian blocks. As Corrado says the transfers have had a corner seemingly blocked, and the Chiselspeed guys said if you open it up there, then it will need some welding. Otherwise its not a problem.

I'm pretty much sold on it. Waiting to see the new report on SLUK this week, before pressing the button.
Raveydavey

Postby bike grim » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:47 pm

Yep I also spoke to them and had a good look at the kit. They reckon you could pull some pretty high gearing on them as well which further gets my attention. Did you hear the engine running ? That pipe - It’s a bit loud - motocrosser loud. I could live with it though :D
bike grim

Postby Raveydavey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 pm

bike grim wrote:Yep I also spoke to them and had a good look at the kit. They reckon you could pull some pretty high gearing on them as well which further gets my attention. Did you hear the engine running ? That pipe - It’s a bit loud - motocrosser loud. I could live with it though :D

I did hear it yes. Sounded super sweet. Makes me want it even more 8-)
Raveydavey

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:06 am

Raveydavey wrote:I talked to the Chisel speed guys yesterday at the Newark bike jumble thingy. They were adamant there is no issue fitting these to Italian blocks. As Corrado says the transfers have had a corner seemingly blocked, and the Chiselspeed guys said if you open it up there, then it will need some welding. Otherwise its not a problem.

I'm pretty much sold on it. Waiting to see the new report on SLUK this week, before pressing the button.

I hope you get one! Be good to hear it in the area!

Did Chiselspeed say how they had sealed the barrel to the case, particularly as they used a longer con-rod? (If they used a packer, of course, that makes port matching so easier IMHO)

However, the reason I ask is how the centralisation is maintained, what with it being a conventional spigot-less barrel with just what appears to be a very small, erm, spigot....

Whatever they have done is functioning well & I am aware that there are very good con-rod options if 118 mm is selected.
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby Raveydavey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:52 pm

All good questions Mark. Of course I hadn't thought to ask when I saw them Sunday. I'll ask them when I call to place the order. I'll post the responses.

Think I'm going to just get them to build it. Going to use an S1 case which came out a rusty frame breather, which it will be going back in to when it's done.

Once it's on the road I'll make sure to give it loads of fist along warkton lane ;)
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:08 pm

https://www.scooterlab.uk/28bhp-small-b ... k-feature/

That's the difference opening out the transfers makes, for which you need to weld your cases.
Raveydavey

Postby bike grim » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Suppose it’s no big thing getting them welded.I reckon Chiselspeed can get this done as well.
bike grim

Postby Scooterdude » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:30 pm

bike grim wrote:Suppose it’s no big thing getting them welded.I reckon Chiselspeed can get this done as well.

Or buy a new Indian case from scooter restorations, plenty of transfer meet like the Spanish case. £200.
Scooterdude

Postby Raveydavey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:25 pm

i suppose different dynos give different results. I've just come off the phone to Chiselspeed and from the sounds of it what they have right now is pretty impressive. So much so I placed the order. Should have the engine back end of February. :D
...Just got to finish rebuilding and registering the bike its going(back) in to.
Raveydavey

Postby bike grim » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Brilliant… well done that man!

Look forward to hearing about it as I won’t be able to commit to a new kit anytime soon.

Are you supplying the casings ?
bike grim

Postby Raveydavey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Cheers! :D I look forward to sharing the experience :D

I am supplying the casing and gearbox. Its from my barn find frame breather that I'm busy scrubbing up. At 9am today the engine was still together as a complete 60 year old motor. Needed to verify the gears were good so I wouldn't need chiselspeed to replace them. Didn't need to worry. I actually think the bike has done next to no miles and the chain case looks like it has never been removed before. Couldn't believe how good condition everything was inside. I'll post a pic on the series 1,2,3 group later.
Raveydavey

Postby corrado » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:47 am

bike grim wrote:If it’s like the smallframe Quattrini top ends they always have a little “step”
in the base of the transfers that you can remove (Dremel) if you want to open them up a bit. I agree though it’s probably not worth it. I wouldn’t mind the chance of offering up my TV175 casing to that barrel Martin if you’re open to that? Just to check and see if it would work without welding

I'll try and do some pics of Italian and Spanish cases with the outline of the barrel on when I get a chance. If you open the transfers right up then you'll be through to thin air on an Italian casing. I think early Spanish ones are the same as Italian. Not looked at an Indian yet. The "step" in the transfer can be up to about 8mm but you have to angle it down into the casing so probably not a lot of point in opening up to the max. If I go to the AGM [i'm hoping to] I'll bring it with me.

With the "tour" exhaust Martin said he's sure it'll pull TV200 gearing.

Whilst I've seen lots of high BHP dyno plots, I've yet to see anything with as much BHP at 5,000 rpm.
corrado

Postby Scooterdude » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:40 pm

I see Chiselspeed are now knocking 32.5bhp and 20lbft out of one of these now....40bhp not for off! Can’t wait for the big block version.
Scooterdude

Postby Scooterlam » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 pm

32 bhp is that on the race pipe they spoke about.
The 20 lbft against the Germans 30 seems a bit of an anomally
Scooterlam

Postby bike grim » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:03 pm

From GSF via google translate

“The Franspeed Road for RB20-25 can be mounted stress-free on the Quattrini.
Of course, the mounting holes on the connection piece have to be slightly machined for the other distance (65mm instead of 60mm) and thread (M8 instead of M7). Unfortunately, the Franspeed spigot has only ø37.5mm instead of the solid ø40mm at the Quattrini.”

Also I’ve spotted the kit on a couple of the Italian dealers websites at c.€620 which makes it c.£550 (assuming a reasonable exchange rate from whoever you pay through) plus shipping
Last edited by bike grim on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bike grim

Postby Scooterdude » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 pm

30ftlb seems a bit optimistic
Scooterdude

Postby Knowledge » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:56 pm

The ScooterLab article referred to 30Nm, which is 22ftlb.

Still a very healthy figure.
Knowledge

Postby Scooterdude » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:11 pm

30nm is more realistic but yes still exceptional for something of that capacity. Think I’d rather pay the extra and buy from a proper uk based dealer like Chiselspeed, just not worth the hastle if there’s a problem otherwise.
Scooterdude

Postby Scooterdude » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Great write up in this months scootering, be good to see some getting built and hearing how folks are getting on with them.
Scooterdude

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning & Kits