LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Max Quattrini 210 kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Max Quattrini 210 kit

Postby MAXI » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:56 pm

All Gone quite :(
MAXI

Postby GeorgeS » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Hopefully because people are out enjoying these kits rather than licking their wounds?

If anyone is running one I'd love to hear your experiences (good and bad). They look really good, but I suppose there is some nervousness about them, being so new.
GeorgeS

Postby bike grim » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Well he was at the Euro here in Spain on it
bike grim

Postby Solid Air » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:55 pm

bike grim wrote:Well he was at the Euro here in Spain on it

I saw Dave there and he said it was running well 8-)
Solid Air

Postby Toddy » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Solid Air wrote:
bike grim wrote:Well he was at the Euro here in Spain on it

I saw Dave there and he said it was running well 8-)

Me too and he made his Mrs carry his bags :lol: :lol:
Toddy

Postby MAXI » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:17 am

Mines on the bench :lol: ..... love it how they send the instruction in italian :D
MAXI

Postby Nudger » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:59 am

I was riding with Dave and he's still there enjoying the twisty roads.
I'm sure he'll be back on here once he has returned to the UK.
Nudger

Postby Raveydavey » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Apologies for the radio silence. It's been a bit full on last few weeks.
I picked up Rusty from chiselspeed on the Thursday before I left for Spain, with a freshly plated barrel and new piston, so needed running in. I managed to get 250 miles done before I had to leave. So it meant my journey to the rally was frustratingly restrained. Running from 55 to 60 for the next 200. I wound it up a bit after that but only for short bursts. Martin had richened it up in mid range to be a bit safer. So it felt a bit gurgly, especially when we hit altitude. I rode from the ferry to Abejar with Iggy from SLUK who had done the same to his as I'd done to mine. He also said he'd been richened up in mid range. the result felt like it had been tamed a bit. Well it did while running in. I've now clocked up about 1300 miles on v2 and it doesn't feel rich at all. In fact it feels blooming great.

As I was riding with others I had to keep my neck wound in, to some extent, that's until we hit the mountain roads of Picos de Europas. Nudger and I had a hoontastic time on those mountain twisties. Proper hooligan style. Hard acceleration from the corners, and hard breaking in to them. The motor was loving it, and that exhaust sounds like a race machine when it's working hard. It was by far the best riding I've ever done on a Lambretta. So much so I did it all again the following day, beating a BMW tourer up to the top of the pass. 8-)

I rode back from Portsmouth solo yesterday so it wa the first chance I'd had to see what it's capable of overlong distances. The CHT gauge firmly in my peripheral, I sat at 65 to 70 all the way, occasionally going up to 75 and touched 80 as a short blast past some traffic. It shifts when it's needed but it's happiest at 65/ 66. The temperature starts rising quickly if you do long spells at 70. I think a thumb choke is the order of the day to throw a bit of extr fuel in when it gets hot. The thing is when you need more it's there, on tap. Accelerating from 65 to 75 is super quick.

Anyway please excuse the ramble. I'm still shattered for all the fun and frolics of the last couple of weeks. Any questions please let me know.
Raveydavey

Postby Solid Air » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Sounds great Dave! Glad everything is falling into place with it.

I know it's all different from bike to bike, but what sort of CHT are you getting when you're cruising at 65ish and how much increase when you take it up to 70 for a long spell? I find it very interesting watching the CHT on my SIP speedo changing when going up/down hills, on different days and under load etc and how a 500 rpm increase can actually lower the temperature sometimes because of the increase in airflow from the fan... sad I know :lol:

Think I'm going to be clicking on the buy button tonight and get properly started on this little project. I'm not too worried about the hooligan side of this kit, it does sound like fun though, but touring easily at 65/70 is what I'm after, just hoping that someone gets a clubman style pipe sorted for it soon ;)

Enjoy

Mark
Solid Air

Postby Raveydavey » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:18 am

Cheers a Mark. yesterday the CHT at 65ish mph was sitting about the 155 to 165 mark depending on whether I was going uphil, flat downhill etc. At 70 it rises to 180 if held there for long periods. Not sure how much hotter it'll go. Don't think I want to find out.

I might try a test: putting the choke on when I'm running at 65 and then taking it to 70/75 and holding it it a while to see how hot it gets.
Raveydavey

Postby Fast n Furious » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:04 am

Raveydavey wrote:Cheers a Mark. yesterday the CHT at 65ish mph was sitting about the 155 to 165 mark depending on whether I was going uphil, flat downhill etc. At 70 it rises to 180 if held there for long periods. Not sure how much hotter it'll go. Don't think I want to find out.

I might try a test: putting the choke on when I'm running at 65 and then taking it to 70/75 and holding it it a while to see how hot it gets.

I find the CHT values to be an arbitrary measurement at best.
My TS1/200 CHT sensor sits buried 3mm above the combustion bowl.
I think 310F is the maximum value I've ever seen on it.
I'm still non the wiser as to what the safe maximum value is, and suspect I would only find out after holing a piston (if I remembered to look at the gauge after costing to a stop!). :evil:
My eyes are too old to read the bloody clock when riding anyway, and it has lost its accuracy as they all do after a few months of use because the stock RTD style sensor naturally suffers from stress drift. :(
Fast n Furious

Postby Solid Air » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:44 am

Fast n Furious wrote:
Raveydavey wrote:Cheers a Mark. yesterday the CHT at 65ish mph was sitting about the 155 to 165 mark depending on whether I was going uphil, flat downhill etc. At 70 it rises to 180 if held there for long periods. Not sure how much hotter it'll go. Don't think I want to find out.

I find the CHT values to be an arbitrary measurement at best.
My TS1/200 CHT sensor sits buried 3mm above the combustion bowl.
I think 310F is the maximum value I've ever seen on it.
I'm still non the wiser as to what the safe maximum value is, and suspect I would only find out after holing a piston (if I remembered to look at the gauge after costing to a stop!). :evil:
My eyes are too old to read the bloody clock when riding anyway, and it has lost its accuracy as they all do after a few months of use because the stock RTD style sensor naturally suffers from stress drift. :(

Cheers Dave that's interesting info.

Totally agree with you FnF, I use mine purely as a guide. If for some reason the temperature is creeping up when it shouldn't be, ie on the flat/no head wind/steady speed, then I'll be thinking why. The temp range varies from day to day depending on weather/use etc but it's generally in a particular acceptable range. Last week in Spain the scooter was not running right and the temp reading was behaving strangely, took the head off and the only possible problem was loose barrel studs (problem averted?), Then the reading was flashing 250°C at me all day but running fine :? wondered whether this was altitude or a sensor fault (I recall seeing something about being able to calibrate the SIP sensor but may be imagining things) Anyway, everything seems to have reverted to normal, last stretch home was a 90 mile run at a steady 60mph most of the way and the temp reading was reading what I would expect it too.

So, definitely handy to have and be aware of.

....oh and an M210 kit is now on its way to me from CST 8-)
Solid Air

Postby Solid Air » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Kit arrived yesterday and very nice too 8-) have an Italian colleague on the case with translating the instructions for me... not as straight forward as I thought it would be :? :lol:
Solid Air

Postby Raveydavey » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Good luck with the build Mark. Keep us posted on progress
Raveydavey

Postby Solid Air » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Cheers Dave, will do. Going to be done over a few months, no great rush. For anyone that's interested, here's a quick comparison of the standard Li125 casing I will be using with the required transfer opening marked out using the supplied gasket. There is 2mm of casing left at the top corner on both sides.

Solid Air

Postby Raveydavey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:10 am

Are you opening out the transfer of the cylinder? That small tab at the top should make it possible to leave a bit more meat on the case.
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:29 am

Actually Scratch that, mine's the same. The tab is on the other side :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raveydavey

Postby Solid Air » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:12 am

I might get the thin area built up with weld, not so much to make it structurally stronger but for a bit more gasket area.
Solid Air

Postby Scooterdude » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:18 am

Was going to suggest welding as you’ve already got it in bits. 2mm aint a lot to play with really.
Scooterdude

Postby coaster » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:49 am

Solid Air wrote:I might get the thin area built up with weld, not so much to make it structurally stronger but for a bit more gasket area.

I used Plastic Metal on my GT240 as the gasket area was similar to yours when I's opened up the transfers and smoothed it flat to the surrounding ally using a file very carefully. Now covered the last 2 Euros with no leakage problems at all.
coaster

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning & Kits