LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Max Quattrini 210 kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Max Quattrini 210 kit

Postby Watfordwhite » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:06 pm

MAXI wrote:Quattrini i've just put onto a Casa case. Now in bike ready for this season :D

ImageQuatranni 225 by Anthony Maxwell, on Flickr

Any more updates on this guys?
Watfordwhite

Postby Pompeydave » Thu May 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Just bought one of these kits. Sourced an as-new Spanish casing last weekend too. Cannot wait to start building it but it'll be a slow burner due to buying the different elements in slow time due to finances. Going for the torquey CST10 exhaust with a Chiselspeed modified light clutch chaincase cover, AF Rayspeed heavy duty clutch (cast), Scootronics ignition, PHBH 30mm carb, SIP 60x116 crank. Should be fun!
Pompeydave

Postby Solid Air » Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 pm

It will be fun Dave, they're great :D

Just a couple of things for you to chew over while waiting to spend your money...

Instead of the joint AF & CST clutch set-up consider just the LTH 7 plate. I've got one and it's brilliant, can't be much different in cost and nothing else needed.

I thought about a 60/116 crank but kept with the "standard" for a few reasons:

Kit designed around the TV rod
No faff with packing plate and extra gaskets
CST said a 60 would give a touch more power but would lose some torque
And it gives me 25bhp out of the box without the couple of mm on the crank anyway :lol:

Whatever you do it'll be worth it, enjoy 8-)

Mark
Solid Air

Postby Pompeydave » Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 am

Hi Mark, with regard to the LTH 7 plate clutch, how heavy is the action with a standard Lammy clutch arm?
Pompeydave

Postby Solid Air » Sun May 12, 2019 8:30 am

It's very good Dave, I certainly wouldn't use the word heavy to describe it at all ;)
Solid Air

Postby brumtony » Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 am

I have LTH clutch in mine not heavy at all , I’m fitting chisel speed easy pull rack/pinion casing next week will update you
brumtony

Postby Pompeydave » Thu May 23, 2019 9:46 am

Any news on the LTH + Chiselspeed case cover clutch action?
Pompeydave

Postby brumtony » Tue May 28, 2019 11:35 am

Works a treat m8 , very easy pull with 1 finger , Ive put a sip stainless cable set on as well .Awesome :D
brumtony

Postby lozmondo » Tue May 28, 2019 6:55 pm

Ive got a Chiselspeed easy clutch and it is brilliant...like a standard P200 clutch
lozmondo

Postby Toddy » Tue May 28, 2019 7:09 pm

lozmondo wrote:Ive got a Chiselspeed easy clutch and it is brilliant...like a standard P200 clutch

What’s a p200 ;) :lol:
Toddy

Postby lozmondo » Wed May 29, 2019 4:01 pm

Toddy wrote:
lozmondo wrote:Ive got a Chiselspeed easy clutch and it is brilliant...like a standard P200 clutch

What’s a p200 ;) :lol:

The devils work thats what :D
lozmondo

Postby bennn » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:14 pm

How's everybody getting on with these long term?

I've just picked a kit up after looking around on here and speaking to various people, couple of questions though - I'm planning on using a SIP 60x116 crank for the extra CC, I'm assuming I'll be needing a 1mm base packer but how do I centralise the bore if I do this as the spigot is only 1mm so none will protrude into the casings?

I've seen a few on here have the 'improved' Chiselspeed inlet rubber, what is to be gained by using one of these?

How have you all reduced the compression ratio on the recessed head, machining the bowl?

Be a while until I build it up as I'm having to get the gasket area built up on my Spanish S2 casing, there's only around 1mm of gasket area at the top of the transfer area.

Many thanks, Ben.
bennn

Postby Toddy » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:28 pm

bennn wrote:How's everybody getting on with these long term?

I've just picked a kit up after looking around on here and speaking to various people, couple of questions though - I'm planning on using a SIP 60x116 crank for the extra CC, I'm assuming I'll be needing a 1mm base packer but how do I centralise the bore if I do this as the spigot is only 1mm so none will protrude into the casings?

I've seen a few on here have the 'improved' Chiselspeed inlet rubber, what is to be gained by using one of these?

How have you all reduced the compression ratio on the recessed head, machining the bowl?

Be a while until I build it up as I'm having to get the gasket area built up on my Spanish S2 casing, there's only around 1mm of gasket area at the top of the transfer area.

Many thanks, Ben.

Ben if you do faceache join the below loads off info on here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3888578 ... ?ref=share
Toddy

Postby Solid Air » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi Ben, if you're on FB look up Lambretta Quattrini Riders Group - lots of info and help there.

How's everybody getting on with these long term?

They're great! :D

How do I centralise the bore if I do this as the spigot is only 1mm so none will protrude into the casings?

I'm not sure but there'll be someone on the FB group that does.

The originals from the early batches head a habit of splitting but apparently later ones have been improved. The CST type allow you to use a readily available and cheaper bolt on rubber mount but does not have the internal stuffer. There is an ally version with stuffer from MMW.

Oh yes, 10.7:1 for me.

Hope that helps to start with, highly recommend the FB group though.

Mark
Solid Air

Postby bennn » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:44 pm

Toddy wrote:Ben if you do faceache join the below loads off info on here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3888578 ... ?ref=share

Unfortunately not on Facetube, but I'll work it out somehow!

Solid Air wrote:

Oh yes, 10.7:1 for me.

Hope that helps to start with, highly recommend the FB group though.

Mark

Hopefully my inlet will be OK then. I'll probably take the head up to CST and ask them to do it before I self-build.

Thanks for the replies, Ben.
bennn

Postby lozmondo » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:41 pm

Excellent kit. Not done many miles yet but very impressed. Easy to pootle about on, very quick when you wind it on

Ticks all the boxes so far
lozmondo

Postby bike grim » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:55 pm

Really good. Tried with both clubman and expansion exhaust and it will be a great all rounder
bike grim

Postby bennn » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:28 pm

bike grim wrote:Really good. Tried with both clubman and expansion exhaust and it will be a great all rounder

Which did you prefer and why?

I'm assuming using the box pipe would be quieter, easier to use lower down the power and more standard looking (if you're into that kind of thing).

Is it still well behaved with a touring expansion?

Thanks, Ben.
bennn

Postby bike grim » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:42 am

Correct, although the ride with the CST10 isn’t clumsy at lower speeds, the clubman is quieter and has better ground clearance, the expansion has kick in the pants power. I’m currently using one of the new Exbox ST as a test. This is mid way between the clubman ride and the expansion power.
bike grim

Postby Jeff t » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Just weighing up what to do with mine although not bought the kit yet and I’ve seen the video on YouTube about not matching the transfer ports and I just wondered if anyone else had done the same and how they found the kit. My block is an Italian 150 s3 so would need welding hence why I am asking.
Jeff t

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning & Kits