LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

bgm stator ac to dc

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

bgm stator ac to dc

Postby holty » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:16 pm

hi folks, this has probably been covered many times, i am converting my ac stator to dc, ive de-soldered the earth tag and soldered another wire to the end of the lighting coil, can anyone confirm ive done it correctly please, i found plenty of info but no pictures, ive got the wassel rectifier to go with it,
thanks in advance,
holty
ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr
holty

Re: bgm stator ac to dc

Postby coaster » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:37 pm

That's the right idea but the soldered joint doesn't look like it has joined very securely but that might just be the photo. Either way, it needs some heat shrink insulation covering the bare joint as you don't want it to short out against the stator core.
coaster

Postby holty » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:35 pm

thanks colin and captain pugwash, ive covered it in epoxy to make sure its insulated and secure, cheers.
holty

Postby Fast n Furious » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:55 am

Epoxy usually works if the surfaces are clean enough and your engine vibration is kind.
A better way is to use the spare hole in the plastic of the coil former as a jointing point like the other coils have. Admittedly, you need to make a ferrule that fits the hole so that the 2 wires can get soldered up with mechanical support. Bootlace electrical ferrules can be persuaded into this role for a tidy job. And a blob of Araldite for even more peace of mind.
Fast n Furious

Return to Tuning & Kits