LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

To blend or not?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

To blend or not?

Postby jonno » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Fitting a TS1 kit and Im debating whether to blend the transfer ports or not. All the material is to be taken off the crankcase so there is no obstruction to the flow into the barrel transfers. Any thoughts,is there really much to be gained?
jonno

Re: To blend or not?

Postby coaster » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:50 am

I have heard it said that it doesn't make a heap of difference but every little counts in my view. No need to go mad with mirror polishing because that really does not help and can even be detremental 8-)
coaster

Postby Dazts1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:55 pm

I've always blended mine convinced that it does make a difference

But going off the rb 20's in the production class in racing that are just bolted together with no transfer matching I'm now beginning to wonder. As they go really well. Maybe if they were matched they would go better. Who knows.
Dazts1

Postby missing lynx » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:22 pm

I've always blueprinted the transfers and am convinced it makes a difference as any thing that restricts or disturbs the flow of gases is not going the help performance
missing lynx

Return to Tuning & Kits