LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Inteli Charger location?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Inteli Charger location?

Postby Phil D » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Just canvasing opinion on where folks are mounting Inteli Charger's as Ive been faffing around for a bit with it.
The scooter is a standard looking Li 125 so no legshield toolbox to hide it in and the frame toolbox is full of the usual stuff.
I knocked up a carrier based on the one you can buy with a view to mounting it there.

First location bothers me as I can forsee water getting in Image
So I ended up here ?Image
I wondered what peoples thoughts are?
Cheers Phil.
Phil D

Re: Inteli Charger location?

Postby coaster » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 am

Personally I would mount it in the main toolbox and keep your bulky tools in your new carrier. If you are wanting to charge a mobile phone you won't want to be shoving it in with the oil bottles :?
coaster

Postby Knowledge » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:50 pm

I have mounted one on the hole on the strut where the rectifier or junction box usually sit, and then fed cables back alongside the loom to the satnav on the handlebars and a couple of waterproof USB sockets on the legshield spare wheel bracket.

With regards to your oil bottle holder, just check that the rear hub nut won't be coming up from beneath and clobbering the underside of your new box when you go over a bump (the voice of experience)
Last edited by Knowledge on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge

Postby Norrie Bodge » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Got one of these for me S2,
thinks it’ll be going in leggy toobox
Norrie Bodge

Postby Phil D » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Knowledge wrote:I have mounted one on the hole on the strut where the rectifier or junction box usually sit, and then fed cables back alongside the loom to the satnav on the handlebars and a couple of waterproof USB sockets on the legshield spare wheel bracket.

With regards to your oil bottle holder, just check that the rear hub nut won't be coming up from beneath and clobbering the underside of your new box when you go over a bump (the voice of experience)

Thanks I'll check for clearance .
Phil D

Postby Fast n Furious » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:00 pm

ideally, your oil bottle tray assembly needs to be a quick release affair in the event of a puncture on one of those cold dark nights and no torch!
Fast n Furious

Postby Phil D » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Fast n Furious wrote:ideally, your oil bottle tray assembly needs to be a quick release affair in the event of a puncture on one of those cold dark nights and no torch!

Hmm your spot on F&F I've welded a nut on the rear most bracket I made so that's easy enough to get off.
The panel hanger earth bolt holds the other side and it's a bit fiddly .
I've a bit more work to do on it but I'm really pleased with the oil carrier / toolbox made from basically scrap.
(You wouldnt believe me if i told you what I recycled :shock: )

I've decided to put the A.Tambs charger in the toolbox on a bracket , losing space in one area but gaining more overall.

Sods law ill get a flat when it's pi55ing down on the A64 :x
Phil D

Postby Fast n Furious » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:26 am

Would the charger fit on the spine somewhere around the fuel filler cap sitting under the void of the seat with reasonable clearance?
Fast n Furious

Postby DaveTomo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:44 pm

I have a slightly different inteli charger off Anthony,got this one when they first came out.I think he still does this type? anyway it doesn't have the dual USB ports built in which to be fair suits me.Converter mounted on the outrigger next to the back up CDI

Dual charging ports under the seat, through the air scoop

Been using this all year, great bit of kit,with the panniers on phone gets charged and the go pro,sat nav, or whatever else needs a USB charge.
DaveTomo

Postby Phil D » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:32 am

Fast n Furious wrote:Would the charger fit on the spine somewhere around the fuel filler cap sitting under the void of the seat with reasonable clearance?

Thanks F&F Yes it's a good possibility there's two big voids the front one is probably no good as it's a stock induction set up .The rear one has a rolled up pair of waterproof trousers stuffed in it at the moment .
The garage is out of bounds ( got a bollocking for spending all me spare time "pissing about with that thing" :roll: )at the moment so I can't really sneak under the radar .
I hope to find some time as I've a few days booked off at work over Xmas.
CHEERS Phil.
Phil D

Postby Phil D » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:16 pm

[quote="Knowledge"]I have mounted one on the hole on the strut where the rectifier or junction box usually sit, and then fed cables back alongside the loom to the satnav on the handlebars and a couple of waterproof USB sockets on the legshield spare wheel bracket.

With regards to your oil bottle holder, just check that the rear hub nut won't be coming up from beneath and clobbering the underside of your new box when you go over a bump (the voice of experience)[/quote

I finally had some garage time over xmas so I took your advice Martin and took the shocker off then while my son lifted the back end through its full travel I watched for any "clobbering " thankfully it was close but no cigar, so thank you for that. ;)
I had to alter the storage box slightly though as it fouled the side panel , ive had to taper it a bit and spot weld a piece on the side to help keep it in place.

I looked at the possibility of fitting the inteli charger under the seat but I felt it wouldn't work so as i had a spare indian toolbox its going on a bracket inside there.

As I was on a roll I made a bracket to hold the cheap ebay sat nav.

Its a bit Heath Robinson but hey its how I roll :)
Phil D

Return to Tuning & Kits