LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Dimension help please

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Dimension help please

Postby sunrisemac » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:19 pm

I am having a play with a 185 cylinder and piston to try on my GP150 but the engine is still all up together at the moment.

I have done a wee bit of port widening and have re-machined a new Indian head I got in a kit when I first put the scoot together, I have matched the piston crown shape to the squish band and ring doweled the head to the barrel to maintain concentricity and now am looking at the geometric compression ratio.

I am hopeful that to enable me to get a bit further without taking the scoot to bits at the moment, some knowledgeable chap on here could tell me the nominal measurement, for a 1969 Italian SX casing, from the crankshaft centreline to the cylinder mounting face, my casing has not been changed from standard.
sunrisemac

Return to Tuning & Kits