LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

200cc small block kit.

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

200cc small block kit.

Postby kevspeed » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:59 pm

Remember a while back,there were kits on the market that were 200cc S.I.L barrels,lathed down,and the stud holes drilled out,so they would fit the small block engines?,well,i picked a used one up,cleaned it up,and fitted it to Mrs Kevspeeds scoot.
It does the business,but clatters a bit,as in sounds like piston slap!.
Now,before fitting,i did the piston/bore clearance check,and all read within tolerance,so im wondering,if the clattering is an unfortunate product of the thinner spigot or am i looking at something more serious?
Anybody else run one of these kits and experienced the same clattering sound?
kevspeed

Re: 200cc small block kit.

Postby shane BBoys » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:56 pm

I tried 1 of these a while back while waiting for muggy replacement kit; and found the same as you. I could not wait to get it off as I was always wondering when I would feel that familiar feeling of total lack of power. The cap who took on the Indian was very happy with, but it was not for me.
Cheers Shane.
shane BBoys

Return to Tuning & Kits