LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

exhaust choice

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

exhaust choice

Postby smithy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:34 am

Hi All,
I am looking at a new pipe what is out there and available at the moment ? I have been running a stainless franspeed 3 but hit the down pipe last year going to Ireland and noticed at the ferry port it had a crack at the end near the muffler, no issues as it was at the rear but broke in 2 by time I got home.
I had it welded and seemed ok until coming back from the meltdown in Germany again at the ferry port in Newcastle I noticed a bit of oil further along from original repair again after the 200 mile ride back up the road it was in 2 bits and very very noisy , had it welded again but time for a new pipe as I don't want it to go again further along when i'm hundreds of miles from home.
I prefer stainless pipes as I ride all year round and as far as I know none are available at the moment....so what's the latest out there?
Franspeed pipes fit great but he has none at moment and ive had issues with jl rear brackets before, though I like the look of the targaline one but wary of the fitting...
thanks in advance for any input
:)
smithy

Re: exhaust choice

Postby holty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:13 am

my mate has a tsr evo on his scooter, its a stainless one, he has had it on about a year and no problems, it has got a nice bracket on the rear to support the end can, they did crack when first introduced to the market, he did replace the rubber bush at the rear as it was hard plastic, and fitted rubber. i have had a few stainless exhausts over the years and they have all cracked eventually, stainless is more brittle than mild steel and is prone to cracking, i know stainless looks good but mild steel chromed is a better option if available,im sure you know that the exhaust should always have some give in it by using rubber mountings as the shock waves that resonate up and down a pipe take there toll, a solid mounting will result in a cracked exhaust over time.
holty

Postby Tractorman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:33 am

I can recommend a Chiselspeed one. I am using the CST3 but you may prefer another, speak to Martin at Chiselspeed
Tractorman

Postby corrado » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:57 am

+ 1 for the CST3, particularly for touring. They don't come in S/S [afaik] but you could get it ceramic coated by Camcoat. It's very good and wears really well.
http://www.camcoat.com/main/coatings6.html .... £90 + vat last time I had one done.
corrado

Postby burnside » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:12 am

Definitely look at getting a pipe ceramic coating as an option, ok this will be more cost but I've been really impressed with the quality and wear on my bgm clubman. Just wish I had my franspeed race done as well as this is on my all year round bike and is looking very sorry for itself.
burnside

Return to Tuning & Kits