LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

"quiet" bigbore standard exhaust?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

"quiet" bigbore standard exhaust?

Postby peejay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:46 pm

hi peeps
i'm running a standard RT 225 kit with 30mm carb with ramair filter.

exhaust is currently an oldish AF bigbore clubman, it is still in good condition although has done many thousands of miles but is rather noisy.

i'm looking for a genuinely fairly quiet big bore box to replace it. i really want the standard type lammie "rasp" exhaust note, not the expansion pipe "crack" which sends all the New Forest ponies in a 10 mile radius off in panic mode.

i'm willing to sacrifice a bit of performance for a quiet life

your suggestions welcome :)

PeeJay
peejay

Re: "quiet" bigbore standard exhaust?

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Just get another af clubby or scootopia clubby, cheap cheerful and a lot less noisy than bgm, Gori etc etc
ULC Soulagent

Postby HxPaul » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:45 pm

This is the nearest to original in looks and sound,it has the "mushroom baffle".Not cheap though. http://www.scootopia.co.uk/product/7188 ... ipe--clamp
HxPaul

Postby peejay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:48 pm

HxPaul wrote:This is the nearest to original in looks and sound,it has the "mushroom baffle".Not cheap though. http://www.scootopia.co.uk/product/7188 ... ipe--clamp

thanks for the link Paul, i like the look of that and i'm sure the quality is good but it just might be a bit restrictive on my set up, would like to keep the tailpipe as "bigbore" size
peejay

Postby peejay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:51 pm

ULC Soulagent wrote: scootopia clubby, cheap cheerful and a lot less noisy than bgm, Gori etc etc

like the look of this with the 2 part down pipe, can anyone vouch for it being not too loud?
peejay

Postby HxPaul » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:29 pm

I take it your talking about the Ancillotti type exhaust,if so I've got two,one on a series 2 and one on a series 3.The volume on both is about the same as a KBR clubman.
HxPaul

Postby peejay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:40 pm

HxPaul wrote:I take it your talking about the Ancillotti type exhaust,if so I've got two,one on a series 2 and one on a series 3.The volume on both is about the same as a KBR clubman.

thanks Paul
i think that's answered my question, i have a clubmate who has the KBR clubman fitted and that's much nicer on the ear for sure :)
peejay

Postby Scooterdude » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Worth looking at the new v4 BGM clubman should match your kit very well. Don’t be tempted by a Gori though, the one I had was as noisy as hell. You can get clubman end cans now that quietens things downa bit.
Scooterdude

Postby davla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:30 pm

Quote from RLC:

'Casa Clubman' 42mm exhaust. standard looks with Clubman improved performance. The quietest Clubman on the market!

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... 42-mm.html
davla

Postby peejay » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Scooterdude wrote:Worth looking at the new v4 BGM clubman should match your kit very well. Don’t be tempted by a Gori though, the one I had was as noisy as hell. You can get clubman end cans now that quietens things downa bit.

i've tried the V1 & V3 absolutely deafening with the RT 225, i'm certainly not going to buy a 3rd one to just be dissappointed again.
peejay

Postby davla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:18 pm

HxPaul wrote:This is the nearest to original in looks and sound,it has the "mushroom baffle".Not cheap though. http://www.scootopia.co.uk/product/7188 ... ipe--clamp

I have the GP version, without a doubt the best quality standard exhaust that I've found
davla

Postby Watfordwhite » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Scooterdude wrote:Worth looking at the new v4 BGM clubman should match your kit very well. Don’t be tempted by a Gori though, the one I had was as noisy as hell. You can get clubman end cans now that quietens things downa bit.

Really, any links on the end cans?
Watfordwhite

Postby davla » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:24 pm

peejay wrote:
HxPaul wrote:I take it your talking about the Ancillotti type exhaust,if so I've got two,one on a series 2 and one on a series 3.The volume on both is about the same as a KBR clubman.

thanks Paul
i think that's answered my question, i have a clubmate who has the KBR clubman fitted and that's much nicer on the ear for sure :)

Isn't the KBA the same as an AF clubman ie.made by the same people but just branded differently?
davla

Postby Scooterdude » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 am

peejay wrote:

i've tried the V1 & V3 absolutely deafening with the RT 225, i'm certainly not going to buy a 3rd one to just be dissappointed again.

Fair enough mate, but worth trying one of those clubman cans on what you have maybe?
Scooterdude

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:22 pm

peejay wrote:

I run an RT225 with a Sito Ancillotti exhaust and it's definitely got a bit of a crack to it. But other than that it's quieter than a standard clubman exhaust.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby NorthernJordan » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:36 pm

NorthernJordan

Postby peejay » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:04 pm

hi guys
thanks for all your imput :)

i've decided to go for the Scootopia 42mm clubman

i'll report back on my findings

PeeJay
peejay

Postby Scooterdude » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:15 pm

NorthernJordan wrote:http://www.mr-partsandstyle.de/epages/63328880.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/63328880/Products/ESDBGM

End can, can get from SCK too.

I saw a better one than that recently but couldn’t find it when I was looking earlier to reply to the other guy, only a couple of days ago as well.
Scooterdude

Postby LuiLui » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 pm

LuiLui

Postby peejay » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:23 am

LuiLui wrote:This one maybe? :idea:

https://www.stflambretta.com/shop/exhau ... t/?lang=en

Cheers
Mark

that muffler looks very neat, might be the answer, who knows
peejay